Somewhere on the Russian Steppe

Hello all,

Here is a build I have started to have a break away from the Italeri Schnellboot that was on the Old Planet Armour now.
It’s being shared with the Schnellboot along with another large diorama that is sitting as a shelfqueen.
Hopefully I should have this completed by the end of the year, well, that’s the plan. :thinking:
Most vehicles are out of the box with as little detailing as possible. To my surprise I found the Hobbyboss(Ex Tristar) Panzer 38T to be quite challenging with all the brass interior. The worst thing is I bought 2 kits and this is the first one commenced. :astonished:
The price was on equal par with the Latest Tamiya 38T and the Tamiya kit pretty much fell together although the Hobbyboss kit is a lot harder of a model to build. I mean to the point of the kit being very small, exquisite in detail but very delicate to break.

I will not bore you any further so here are the pics of progress.All be it a little slow.

And the Schnellboot to share some how :roll_eyes:

Jim, this is way easier now to upload photo’s, more user friendly. :+1:

More to follow…

Michael

3 Likes

Glad you like it. I think it’s probably one of the most powerful forum apps out there and I have looked at a lot of them. Sadly it’s all written in Javascript and is actually compiled code, etc. so I have no clue how it works. :smiley:

Luckily it has a really powerful and modern admin section so when we get more up to speed and need moderators and such they should have some really good tools to deal with spam and fake accounts. I have already killed the first one that signed up via FB.

That looks like it’s going to be a huge project!

Cheers,
J

1 Like

Great project Michael!!, I do not know the brand of the figures with horses, what brand is it and what quality do they have?.

JayStark, the site is fantastic and easy to use, thanks for it!!

Regards!
Rodolfo

1 Like

Thanks guys,

Rodolfo, the horses are from Riich and Masterbox Brands . The detail on both horse manufacturers is pretty good. It’s a first time building horses for a dio. I recommend both manufacturers.

Michael.

Thanks for information Michael, i will follow your work!

Regards!
Rodolfo

Those are some interesting projects. Looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis.

Managed to finish off the first Hobbyboss 38T with the exception of a few add ons after paint. About to start the second HB 38T tonight. In theory I should fly through it. Well, I hope thats the way its going to go.

Michael

Hello again,

Here are the images of the 2 kits back in the boxes in sub sections ready for paint.
A clear indication of how much detail in the Hobbyboss kit compared to the Tamiya kit.
As for quality between the 2 Hobbyboss(Tristar)wins hands down.
Ease of build , Tamiya is out front , close inspection between the 2 has made me lean more towards the Hobbyboss Kit.
At the time of purchase the price of the Hobbyboss kit with interior was at the same price of the Tamiya kit.
2 Down 1 to go

Michael

Hello Again,
Happy to say the last Panzer 38T has been finished.
All the tanks are in preparation for painting in sub sections.

![Tamiya and Hobbyboss Panzer 38T|690x372]

The miniart V170 has been started with Mig Ammo black primer for the figures and crew. will paint and detail in sub sections before glueing together.

More to follow…

Michael

2 Likes

Excellent work, principally with the Photoetched parts! :+1:

Regards!
Rodolfo

1 Like

Thanks Rodolfo.

Michael

Hello,

Back with the next installment of work.
Having another large diorama on the work bench I have been longing to finish off the Miniart beer bottles and crates that are being blogged over at another site.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=257763
They are all ready now awaiting the satin varnish to be sprayed on the bottles with flat clear over the crates to hold the decal onto the bottle as they dry out and fall off.
Here is a semi close up view of the bottles and crates.

With that out of the way I have moved my attention onto preparing the figures and horses for priming.
Its the majority of figures for the Russian diorama with a small percentage of the king tiger diorama.
They are the figures at the front.

The Figure Brands are a combination of Tamiya, Masterbox, Dragon, Tristar(Hobbyboss), Stalingrad, Bravo 6, Riich, Legends with a Couple of Alpine Figures tucked away in the corner.

Michael

1 Like