Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM
vBench

Sd.Kfz. 184 Ferdinand

Sorry for my bad English. Normally I use the Google translator.

I was almost fifteen years without building a model of the tank. I was without building models for nearly ten years and the last five years I dedicated myself to building model airplanes in 1/48 scale and some on the scale 1/32. This is my second model. A Sd. Kfz. 184 Ferdinand Dragon 1/35.

The first, a KV-1 Trumpeter where am using, for the first time, oils and pigments and which is almost finished.

The model.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferdinand 001.jpg
Views:	4153
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	7339  
Reply With Quote top
Users like ajcmac's post!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
I've never built one of these or an elefant but I've always been tempted. Will watch with interest
Reply With Quote top
Users like chadperkins's post!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
vBench

I have returned to the hobby also ajcmac, after an 8-10 year break. It takes awhile to get back into the swing of things. You've selected an interesting subject here. I too will be watching closely!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
vBench

explain to me guys how you managed to live without glue n' plastic for so many years?
i would have at least one model in progress on my desk all the time if i had more money...
i was in a stip club one night and friend payed 20 bucks for a cocktail for one girl just to sit next to me... i was like next time if you want to show me how much you love me just buy me a model dumbass!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
vBench

Well I dont want to hijack this thread, but I've done a couple models here and there KuK...mostly Star Trek and hot rods, but it just seems like life pulls me away from it. In those past 8 years I got a new job, met a girl and got married, bought a house, bought numerous hot rods and spent time working on them, the house, and just working and living. We have no children, but other things have consumed our lives. I think you're fairly young yet, arent you? Like early 20s? I was doing alot of modeling at that age too. Once I took on all that other stuff there just wasnt time to do much modeling, or so I thought. Part of it was that I didnt really have a space for modeling prepared. I go in spurts, but this is the most intense one I've had for awhile.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 PM
vBench

well i'm glad you're back! =) there's not enough of us! people used to buy models for kids b-days this days we're loosing modeling shops one by one cause they don't have enough profit... =/
yea i'm 23... best years for modeling i guess... all i need now is some $ lol
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM
vBench

Yeah, I hear ya there KuK...I could use some more $$ too! I wonder how hobby shops make it. We have 2 old ones in the city near me, and they were there when I was a kid and are still going...I wonder how they make it year after year, but they do. We also have a couple newer shops, but they are primarily for RC stuff.
I agree not enough kids build models anymore. They helped give me a basic understanding of mechanics, while learning some important history along the way. and they teach you the value of patience, hard work, and the pride of completeing a project, not to mention numerous valuable skills. Instead kids spend all day and night playing video games. I dont get it. It's refreshing to meet a young man who isnt into all that garbage, and would rather spend his time and money on the simpler joys of modeling Good on ya KuK!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM
vBench

TankDan

Married, 2 children, my job and too many hobbies. The models, slots and RC car. I took part in some races in the scale 1/8. In 1999 I moved to the scale 1/5 and participated in the Regional and National Championships in Portugal until 2008. I had to stop with the models and slots. The time was not enough for everything.

In 2009 I decided to stop and re-build models. This time aircraft models in 1/48 scale and some in 1/32 scale until I decided to build a tank. A KV-1 that would suit me to learn new techniques. Oils and pigments.

The KV-1 with oils applied.

Now I intend to build three or four models that I really like. The Elephant, the Tiger I, King Tiger (these two are already ordered) and a Panther.

Regards

ajcmac
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
vBench

sounds great! good luck and nice work so far on KV-1!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM

Thumbs up

I will keep tuned in as I have a 1/16 to build so this will be of interest!

~ Jeff
Reply With Quote top