Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 AM
vBench

Tamiya Panther G 1/48 WIP

OK intro to this is. . . I have made k'od tanks before now and they did not require the work that this one required. A metal hull for starters - i had to cut off the kit stub axles and redrill all axle points 5mm higher up the hull sides - adding new brass rod axles and fitting spacers then repositioning the road wheels.

This gave me the correct 'sit' for the heat damaged torsion bar suspension. As you may notice i did not use any etched for the kit only metal sheet and brass mesh from my own stocks. In these times of money troubles problem solving is cheaper than ordering more into your stash .

The 'zim' is incomplete until i commit to closing the hull together and it is being done as a Demag factory applied coating. I have noted that when some Panthers burned they did not always ignite and burn the wheels rubber rims so this is one of those. Two 17pdr (77mm) penetration holes in rear plate with shattered kisten box. The Panther will be heavily burnt out in the rear area with the front end heat damaged and blackened. I went as far as making the commanders scopes in cupola which you may spot.

This is a project started a year or so ago. I have a diorama being constructed for this + a Universal carrier in Normandy which is previewed below.

I will keep all you peeps posted and involved as my progress creeps along lol
Thanks for having a look Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Model Dioramas WIP 023.jpg
Views:	4080
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	6487  

Last edited by Panzerollas; 05-15-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Users like Panzerollas's post!