Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
vBench

Trumpeter E-25 review on PMMS

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...r/tr00383.html

looks pretty sweet
Old 09-30-2007, 01:24 PM
vBench

Interesting indeed. I see it has great room for further detailing to give it a more personal look.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
vBench

Is there only some drawings of it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 AM
vBench

interesting - absolutely!

would fit well into my "what if ..." plans ... would fit better than the alan ardelt waffenträger and/or the gunther project

best thing is the price of 21,95€ (= 31,12$ ATM) ... i would come off cheaper with two of those ( 43,9€ = 62,25$ ATM) instead of the ardelt/gunther combination (77,5 € = 109,89 ATM)

to bad it's out of stock until end of october in the shop i am currently placing my order ...

cheers
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to masss11 Send a message via Yahoo to masss11
Cannot wait

I just cannot wait to get my hands on on and work it out as a test - trial tank in Kumersdorf..

m

BLUE STEEL
Tiran Tanks and T-55s and APCs in South Lebanon

www.blue-steel.info
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2007, 10:51 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
I got the kit in for review. Here are some photos, there is lots of flash, some incomplete molding (look at the track link photos). The gun barbette is a nice touch but should not be there. While it is in the 1976 drawing by Hilary L. Doyle, it does not appear in the later plans found in Panzer Tracts Paper Panzers title nor in the original German drawings in Spielberger's book. As a matter of fact, the German book shows the gun barbette hatch to be in error as the hatches should open to the sides while the kit only has one hatch hinged to the rear.

Looking at the original German drawings, the proper engine hatch of the two offered is the one with the fan.

In the end, since accuracy can only be compared to some plans and not a real vehicle, the bottom line will be to have FUN!

If the molding were better, I would say it would be a load of fun. However, the fit of some of the parts is not the best & there is some lower hull warpage so a spreader bar is needed.

Regards,

Last edited by sharkmouth; 10-27-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: corrected photo links
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 AM
vBench

Thanks for the mini-review Saul.

I don't really know what to think. It is a cool subject and has potential for a fun build, especially when it comes to camo, but the level of joy seems to be brought down by the quality.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
vBench

yes, thanks for the review.

sucks that trumpeter can't get their act together and put out some nicer quality kits
Old 10-14-2007, 10:45 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Well,

I began the build simply because it is a kit of few parts and I can't get bogged down with 'correct' details. There is a sink mark all around the upper hull. See the following three photos:

Still fun but I could have done a bit more with the time offered.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 AM
vBench

looks like an interesting vehicle...going to be starting a v-bench on this one Saul?
Reply With Quote top