Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 PM

And yes one more has just joined

Hello fellow armour (Ken Adian and all),

I was into modeling and got out of plastic/armo(u)r when I started going to sea. I then was into wooden ships and over the years I have lost all the plastic paints and such for those type kits and such. So I'm at square one getting the essentials again - 0 paints, 0 aerosols, 0 spray gun,...nothin'. In such I want to learn how to weather and what the best decals are for (God help me) 1:16 scale. I'm practicing on a few Heng Long vehicles (that will not be r/c as long as I have it/them. I did a 1/16 King Tiger with artist's pastels (Holy Crap on the gouged) where do people get them? Hobby shop? Anyway I had a blast jumping in on weathering of balancing all the conflicting methods. I love it. But I'd sooner learn on a Heng Long than jump back into a Tamiya or Trumpeter without having some basic feel for it.

Guess I don't have enough posts to show some of the ships and Tiger. Anyway please point me in the general direction of decals and I did see a weathering section.

Nice to meet you all
Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2014, 02:08 PM

Can we cheat? Don't pick at the markings - the source was the cheapest and at the time I was testing decals and weathering.... The decals were real junk. There has got to be better.

Reply With Quote top