Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to FAUST
Ola People

you might have seen this little canon also being featured in my Dio Borrowed Goods I have to admit that I fell a bit in love with this little gun and therefor with the old Tamyia kit. Despite it`s age it is still a really nice kit with the occasional sinkholes on nasty places and such but after having finished it 3 times I know exactly how to get rid of them on this gun especially :lol:
Well Off to the pic:

What is Visible in the pic? Top left shows the Gunshield just as D Harper did on his Amphibic Device (Sorry I don`t know the name of I lack a total knowledge of Allied material) I thinned out the back of the shield (after getting rid of the Sinkholes) :lol: on several places and Punched the holes through it. Note on another forum I got the Question that it might be a lot of Holes I didn`t want to show Bulletholes but Shelling and Shrapnel Damage.
Next topright Shows the two Wheelhubs. Everybody who knows this kit has solid molded on tires But since this gun is A Nearly hit by a Grenade or shell and B Buried under the ground for 50 or 60 Years. You wouldn`t expect a rubber tire to be brandnew coming out of the ground after that long. So.... I sanded off the molded on Rubbertire and sanded the rim in the Hub. The wheel that lays on top shows damage from the grenade impact. corroded through the years.
In front the gun itself. As I wanted to show Shrapnel damage on the gun itself I had the problem that only the last 4 mm of the Gun are open the rest is solid. I have not used the kit`s gun instead I have scratched my own gun. This will not be noticable as the gun gets rusted all over.

What is not visible in the pic and what was done after the pictureshoot scratchbuilding a Rubbertire that has been under the ground for 50 or 60 years.

Oh and the dio this thing is going to be in is called "Rebirth" and will be in a Dio serie called the "Cycle of Life"

Let me know what you think of it

Greetz Robert

"Wees niet onverstandig, haastig of voortvarend; alles sal regkom, as ons almal ons plig doen"
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2004, 06:46 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to FAUST
mmmhhh ok

IF the pic isn`t loading when you view the post I upload all my Pics to Armorama.com and that site has some troubles with loading. I hope you guys understand. I think it won`t take long

Greetz Robert

"Wees niet onverstandig, haastig of voortvarend; alles sal regkom, as ons almal ons plig doen"
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Founder

The pic is fine, nice work I like the concept also!
Old 04-07-2004, 04:34 PM

Indeed Gordy

The pics works fine now guess I was too fast with the report
The gun is now almost completely assembled and I can start adding the Rust texture have no pics of that yet but they will come soon

Greetz Robert
Reply With Quote top