Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2018, 02:05 PM
vBench

British tank Mark V

Hi.

I recently finished almost a year-long build of Meng's Mark V. I haven't covered the build here in PlanetArmor because it was an entry to a local model contest here and it is not a good practice to publicise a model you intend to compete with. But now the event is over. And as I know that most of the modellers enjoy the in-process photos more than a finished model, I'll cover the building process here slightly. And then, of course, there will be photos of the finished model.

The base model is Meng's Mk.V Male. My intention was to model a very specific tank, used by Estonian Defence forces between the great wars. And as it happens, that Meng only sells Male and female versions, but I needed a hermaphrodite, the model is a bit of a kitbash using both - male and female sets (Takom wasn't really an option, because there's no interior in it).

The Meng's model is generally great. I enjoyed the interior build most, as it is well detailed and engineered. The exterior was a bit of a disappointment, especially after such a wonderful interior. There were undersized rivets and lazy engineering of the kit. Aber Barrels for cannon and MG's were added and three sets of Aber Pyrene fire extinguishers as well. I really didn't like Meng's plastic tracks, so I felt living dangerously and bought Friuls for Emhar kits. But Friuls go perfectly with Meng's kits.

To expose the interior, I integrated magnets to both sides, so the weapons consoles are detachable. The hinges are drilled out as well, so almost all hatches can be opened and closed.

So let's go on with the photos.

First, a few shots of the real thing in Estonian service:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	large_29796489_GwM1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	9256  
Reply With Quote top