Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:48 AM
vBench

Gents, I spotted this one on the Cyber-Hobby online site the other day, and wanted to post it here on Planet Armor.

Looks like Cyber Hobby/Dragon will be producing a limited-run kit of the Tauchpanzer IV Ausf D (CHC-6327). These were specially equipped Pz Kpfw IV Ausf D's for deep water (amphibious) use, and they were intended to be used for the proposed (and failed) Operation Sea Lion (against England). The Tauchpanzers were infact used in river crossings (ie River Bug) on the Eastern Front both during and after Operation Barbarossa in 1941. The 18th Panzer division was equipped with this special version of the Pz Kpfw IV Ausf D.

No release date is given, but I'm sure we will hear about that later. Even though this is yet another early Pz Kpfw IV released from Dragon, it is a very interesting subject, and the fact that Cyber Hobby will make it a limited-run kit, makes it that much more unique.

Cheers !!

Robert
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2006, 09:50 PM

I've got the Cyber Hobby "B", and it's as bad as the "D" and "E." I'm sitting this one out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 PM
vBench

Quote:
I've got the Cyber Hobby "B", and it's as bad as the "D" and "E." I'm sitting this one out.
It's a bad news for me

I would like to see the "F2" "H" from DML's
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2006, 06:21 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by mbabsit@Apr 30 2006, 07:50 PM
Man, what's with all the negative waves
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
vBench

I feel that we as modelers in this new age of high tech kits are just getting to d_mn spoiled. Maybe rightfully so. With the cost of kits going up should we demand anything less than the best. With that in mind, just what is the best. I still think that Dragon kits are the best bang for the buck. Sure they seem to have a few issues with 100% accuaracy(a very difficult thing to achieve in my opinion from any company) but they are still very good kits. And contrary to the way many feel, I really like the fact that they go back and correct those issues. If you don't want to mess with the accuracy short comings just wait awhile and they will be fixed with a later release(just hope that they start marking the kits that have the updated parts in them). I am hoping and praying that an F1 is on the way. By the way I have and built the Tristar Pz IV and find that was also a very good kit, even with its fit problems.

Roy

PS. Also remember, we are a small portion of the market. Most people buying these kits don't know one German tank from another let alone the specifications of said tank.