Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-02-2010, 04:33 PM
vBench

I have been quite busy recently, but not given up!

I have done some work on the suspension.

I have sanded it rather than cut off to maintain the correct angle

The gap was filled with Mr.Dissolved Putty (great stuff)

Same fit problem here as everyone else experienced.
I used 0.2mm polystyrene sheet to fix it:

I need some advice here.
I started on the track. I intend to glue everything in its place. But not the wheels, the idler, the sprocket and the track (the return rollers are now glued in place)
How can you eventually put the track on? Once the fenders are on, there is no way to do it from the side. Perhaps to slide it from the back or the front, but I would have to leave the track in four parts, the top, the straight bottom one and the curved ones to go round the sprocket and the idler and glue it eventually together once all painted.

Stan
Reply With Quote top
Users like Stan's post!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 AM
vBench

Quote:
How can you eventually put the track on?
well, there is always the hard way: when i was building "Maus" i had to assemble and paint tracks and wheels, since it has side "shields" covering most of the "rolling" parts. then i masked tracks and wheels with papertape. after that it was possible to build rest of the tank.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 AM
vBench

After a little break... I started on the interior.
I noticed that Manuel didn't install the radio controls and seat. I presume that there was a reason for it and they should not be there?
See the images of the interior from his build here:
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/sh...kpfw.ii&page=2

Stan
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
This model kills fascists

Does anyone have any info on what the engine area should look like? I'm about to start on one of these myself.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
vBench

little more work done on the interior:

Reply With Quote top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM

You appear to be missing a nut on top of the transmission. Part J71. They aren't easy to find. They are on one of the smaller J sprues (it's a small sprue in its own plastic wrap), on a main sprue, to be shaved off.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
vBench

You're right, I missed that. I've airbrushed it and it's ready for weathering. I'll have to leave the nut out now. Considering that the interior will never been seen, I'll live with it.
I'm also missing part C18. I glued the part C73 the wrong way round and cannot fit the C18 now.
Stan
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 AM
vBench

Hi Stan,
Be careful with the placing of the radio. Dragon's manual is completely wrong about that as it indicates them "on the wall" but they should be on the fender. Just look at my build post from years ago and you'll see the wrong placement
In Military Modelling magazine there was a two part build article (volume 39 issue 4 and 5) by John Prigent with original photos and seemingly correct and detailed interior.
cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
http://muanyagforgacs.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote top
Users like MZsolt's post!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 PM

In the instructions, there appears to be something on top of the front part of the transmission, in the flat, half round spot above the transaxel, but it doesn't say what part it should be.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZsolt View Post
Hi Stan,
Be careful with the placing of the radio. Dragon's manual is completely wrong about that as it indicates them "on the wall" but they should be on the fender. Just look at my build post from years ago and you'll see the wrong placement
In Military Modelling magazine there was a two part build article (volume 39 issue 4 and 5) by John Prigent with original photos and seemingly correct and detailed interior.
cheers,
Zsolt
Hi Zsolt,

That could be right. I searched for it and saw the image of the build by John Prigent. It certainly would make sense to place radios on the fender. This is the only photo of the actual tank I can find and they are not on the wall, neither on the fender:

Looking at your build of the Pz.II, did you paint the cupola, periscopes, then installed the periscopes and then fitted the cupola onto the turret? The periscopes are black not panzer grey to match the cupola?

Stan
Reply With Quote top