Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 11-26-2006, 11:32 AM
vBench

Cool Tristar PzKpfw I ausf A - Special Edition

Here are the sprue shots of Tristar's limited edition PzKpfw I ausf A.

The box cover is black with a line drawing of the tank

Sprue A: Suspension parts

Sprue C:

Sprue D: The old road wheels, sprockets and idlers. The old road wheels are not used

Sprue E: the lower chassis and common to the schulfahrzeuge kit except with the inclusion of the radio parts

Sprue J: New sprue with the hull and turret interior parts and fenders

Sprue K: the new re-tooled road wheels

Sprue T: The tracks

Photoetch part

Sprue GP: Transparent parts

Decals: Two sets provided and are from previous kit 35003 and 35008

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 11:35 AM
vBench

The clear parts

Images of the clear parts

Sprue B: Turret

Sprue G: Upper hull

Sprue I: Lower chassis interior and engine parts. This sprue is commomn with the schulfahrzeuge kit.

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

It looks awesome, but OH my god, look at those track links! Now I am truly thankful for Dragon's Magic track!

I've always had a worry about those clear parts, they can sprain and crack real easy if your not careful snippin' 'em off the sprue.

Another thing, I cannot understand why this kit has been produced with the clear parts options? They leave very bad sprue attachment marks. Are they attached in a way that prevents this?

This is very nice to see Lawrence!

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
vBench

And now the close-ups. Turret interior parts and spare MG barrel case

Hull interior parts - MG magazines, flag holders and stowage box

Fenders, firewall with stowage box and commander's seat

Radio

Road wheel

Idler wheel

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
vBench

Close-ups of the transparent parts

Upper hull

Rear deck - Early production

Rear deck - Late production

Front glacis plate

Engine deck hatch grill

Armored cover for the engine hatch

Engine access hatches

Engine block

Fan cover and sump cover

Fuel tanks

Turret

Turret hatch

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 11:51 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Wow!!

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 12:15 PM
vBench

Paul
I know what you mean. I cut off one part without even thinking about the brittleness and it came off exactly like a normal non-transparent part. I was told that Tristar did a lot of research into the transparent plastic to check for brittleness and also to make sure it doesn't cloud with liquid glue.

Anyway, just as a test I cut off the radiator bulkhead with a pair of cutters. I made sure I cut right up to the part to see if the plastic cracks. Here is the result. You can see the sprue attachment points on the bottom of the part. No cracks!

I also glued the rear suspension bar and I liberally added liquid glue to see if the part clouds. No clouding is evident.

I looked at the punch out marks and they can easily be removed using the same techniques as you would use for an aircraft canopy.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 01:29 PM
vBench

Review of this kit is now available on PMMS
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...r/tri35028.htm

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

That's cool, Lawrence! Real nice toolin', it shouts quality!

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
vBench

looks like a great kit! I think I'll get the regular version though.