Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Reference

Reference Share what you have

Old 04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
vBench

Idea for a diorama- Auflarungpanzer 38(t) & Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A

I have got these 2 Dragon kits: Auflarungpanzer 38(t) (6294) and Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A (6289).

I need some feedback if these 2 tanks would have been in operations together in Poland/France etc early in the war?

I have some rough ideas on doing a diorama with these 2 in a field doing some between battle servicing?

Does this sound realistic?

Any tips or advice would be great as this will be my 3rd & 4th kit builds and 1st diorama.

thanks

mark
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2007, 10:11 PM

Mark,
The sdkfz 140/1 Aufklarungspanzer did not see production till mid/late 1943. Production ended in early 1944 with 70 vehicles. 25 were initially supplied to Panzer Grenadiers of Grossdeutchland and a second group of 25 supplied to the 3rd Panzer Division in September 1944. Thus they were in both the Eastern and Western fronts.

It was built as a a recon vehicle and was armed with a 2cm cannon. The turret is the same as that mounted on the 234/1 wheeled armored car.

Sadly, the Panzer IA and the aufklarungspanzer would not be together on the field as by the time the latter went into production, the Pzr IA had been pulled from combat service (1941)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Another Modeler

Send a message via MSN to serpico Send a message via Yahoo to serpico
Talking

Maaaaaan...what a way to shoot down a guy's idea!!

Oh well, just show one of them as abandoned, the PZ 1, and the other coming upon it on the side of the road or partially hidden in a clump of trees, etc.

What kits are they, Dragon?

Regards, Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
vBench

that's some good idea from paul ... do a scene like that mark ... some 'turn the tide' scenario located in poland of a late war vehicle meeting a rusty blitzkrieg remaining during the retreat ... maybe with a roadsign and some battle experienced veterans on the march ...

cheers
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Hi Mark!
As Laura wrote you could do that if you realy want them to be depicted in the same diorama. Thought on your artistic freedom becouse I belive the Germans would never just leave a early war Pz1 just like that in hmm Poland? Think they would have salvaged it by 1944.

One idea I have got for very long time with a Pz1 or Pz38 but the early war version is depicting it driving into a small stream in hight speed. A early war movie shows two of them plowing down in a stream and the water is splashing all over it. Would have been cool to see that one.

Kindest regards
Ebbe

Reply With Quote top