Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
vBench

Hello!

I am getting back into the hobby and it's been quite awhile since I did any modelling. I have recently purchased a couple of paasche airbrushes and a compressor, but so far I have been running out to the garage to do any painting

I would like to set up a place inside to do my painting and I was wondering if any of you had any advice as to what kind of set up to use. I know that I will need a spray booth of some sort, but I wasn't sure how to go about venting the paint / fumes out of the house.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Jackal
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Brokeneagle

Hello Jackal. Welcome to the Planet. I am a new member like yourself.
You can istall an exhuast fan like the one you would use in the kitchen, but this would only be good for airbrushing water based paint such as Tamiya. If you wish to spray enamels you will need one that has saftey protocols for fire etc. You can find these in most Hobby mags and they usually start at around $400 Aus.
I spray with Acrylics only and this gets around the problem for me.
Brokeneagle.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 PM
vBench

As an extension to the question I posted earlier, I'd love to hear from folks as to what brand / type of spray booth they use for their airbrushing. I was looking at the Microlux spray booth at MicroMark.com... it has 3 stage filtration and a 4" dryer vent style exaust system. Cost is around $300....

Has anyone had any experience with this booth, or can they recommend any others? Thanks!! :lol:
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jackal@Dec 27 2005, 08:58 PM
I would like to set up a place inside to do my painting and I was wondering if any of you had any advice as to what kind of set up to use. I know that I will need a spray booth of some sort, but I wasn't sure how to go about venting the paint / fumes out of the house.
I use the spray booth from Micro-Mark. I have it in my basement, to vent it you just run some drier hose (which is flexible so you can bend it any way you want) from the back of the booth out a basement window.

If I were to do it again I would buy the
large spray booth, not because the regular one is too small but because the large one has 2 fans and will vent better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2006, 11:03 AM
vBench

Hi Rangda!

Thanks for the info! I would like to buy a bigger hood as well, but don't have the space right now... oh, well maybe next time

...and welcome to planet Armor!!

Cheers!

Jackal
Reply With Quote top