Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
vBench

Quote:
the storage box as the one included in the kit is for the 234/1, 234/2 and 234/3 models but not for this one. (Does that surprise anybody?)
Is there any justice? You got to see the humor in it all!

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
vBench

I'm sorry to notice, but the storage box in this version is supposed to have its front a bit lower. It is seen well here (this is the manual for Aber's set designing by me).
Watching you

Robert

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to Gopher
love it!

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBER View Post
I'm sorry to notice, but the storage box in this version is supposed to have its front a bit lower. It is seen well here (this is the manual for Aber's set designing by me).
Watching you

Robert
Robert, thanks for the reference; it is very helpful. Don't worry, the tool box isn't finished yet; in fact, it wasn't glued to the car when I took the photo. I still need to trim the top and cut the real lid for it and add the latches but as I said, it is getting there.

Ruben

"A model is a terrible thing to waste!"
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2007, 05:35 AM

Muy bonito trabajo yo lo intenté hace años y desistí . Ruben , are you going to do the big ammo stowage box that is placed under the gun mount? You could use Dragon´s one as a template...By the way, be care when doing the gun cleaning rod, I can see that is depicted too short in both Dragon and Aber´s manuals.
Ups I can see now that they both haven´t included the two jerrycans behind the stowage box on the right fender...
I think this thread could be of some interest:
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798
Robert: are you going to design the new set for Dragon´s 234/3? If so what are you planning to do with ammo stowage bins?

Last edited by FJCabeza; 10-19-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to Driver
Enough vacation for now….

… it’s time to continue! But first let me say thanks for your comments and answer some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCabeza View Post
Ruben , are you going to do the big ammo stowage box that is placed under the gun mount? You could use Dragon´s one as a template...By the way, be care when doing the gun cleaning rod, I can see that is depicted too short in both Dragon and Aber´s manuals.
Ups I can see now that they both haven´t included the two jerrycans behind the stowage box on the right fender...
Well FJ according to my references the ammo bin under the gun is a field modification so I won't do it. For the cleaning rod I will use the one from the Tamiya accesory set but it won't be in its rack. I'm using the plans from the Kagero Photosniper book to place the tools on the car not the Dragon nor Aber's manuals. By the way, the plans don't show any jerry cans in the right fender so I think it's a matter of what photoreference you have in hand at the moment.

Now, let me show you what I have been doing this week. First I made all the brackets for the tools from the Eduard set and in the process reconstructed some of the tools. Here you can see all the tools with the brackets attached and the new handles for the shovels, and fire extinguishers. I finished the lid of the tool box with a piece of 0.5mm styrene sheet. The jack is from the Tamiya accessory set. I'll replace the wire cutter also.

Next I focused my attention on the rear of the vehicle and after a quick look at my references I did the hinges of the rear engine hatch. I also made the starter hole cover and the mounts for the external starter.

On the front, the bolts for the bumper were missing so I made them from 0.8mm hex rod and glued in place.

Then it was time to affix all the tools to the fenders. Here is the toolbox with its fire extinguisher on top…

… in front of that the shovel and the axe. You can also see one end of the bumper and it’s PE support.

In the left side we have the jerry cans, the jack, the fire extinguisher and the mount for the cleaning rods.

Here is a complete view of the bumper and the PE end supports.

Another detail that was overlooked in the Eduard set is this bolt that fixes the bracket to the fender so I made one with a 0.8mm hex rod.

Another thing I started was a base for the car. This is how it is at the moment. It needs more work but I think it will do nicely.

More to come and thanks for your time.
Ruben

"A model is a terrible thing to waste!"
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM
vBench

I sit in amazement watching you do your voodoo...super cool Ruben.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
vBench

I'm glad to seeing...you are working on it again Great work always...Ruben
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
vBench

you are a braver man than I! Good Progress!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Ruben man,

I love your bases. They're so full of life. Not to mention your models rock also. Nice work.

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top