Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 09-01-2005, 08:07 AM
vBench

Hi guys,

i've finally reached back my workbench after a summer passed mostly in the sky (what a thrill !)
When i received my ordered Tiger i simply HAD to build it ! i won't bother you with superlatives about this kit, a lot of others have done so before, all i can say is that they are right on all the line !

anyway here is where i am actually, the Zimm is done with milliput rolled and then pressed freehand

the pattern around the side view port have been corrected since this picture
(thanks again James for the headup here !) too much enthusiasm from my part i guess !

and finally the finished rear panel, caracteristical of the late Befhels as seen in Normandy.

all your comments are more than welcome !
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
James

Cool. I have some miliput (god knows if its any good still) but have never used it. When you put it on did you use glue also or just press thin with your fingers and then make into zimmmerite? On that note did you use a knife to roll to the proper thickness? Thanks for any tips and please more pics.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2005, 11:34 AM
vBench

i roll the zimmerit so that it become of the thickness of a sheet of paper, then i cut the parts i need and put them in place with water. finally i mark it with a jeweler screwdriver. some can find it time consuming but i love to do it that way ...

good luck and don't forget to use some baby powder when rolling it !
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2005, 05:05 PM

Hi, Your Tiger's Zimmerit coating looks really good. Nice and sharp and well defined. I've used the white Milliput before to make weld seams for some additional armor plating on the sides of a Russian T-34 turret and found it somewhat messy to deal with, what with the water and all. Does the using of baby powder eliminate the need to use water or does it absorb the excess liquid as it's mixed up? Just curious here. I really like the Atack stuff, but am looking for a cheaper method of doing this sort of thing. Am looking forward to seeing more of your work on this model, as we here in Ohio have yet to see this kit, at least around this immediate area.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2005, 11:06 PM
vBench

Very nice progress thus far Frank. I look forward to seeing more work done on it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 AM
vBench

very cool :lol: Seeing your zimm job seriously made me finally go and get mine (as well as a Tiger I P )
Reply With Quote top