Old 12-04-2008, 03:51 PM

Hobby Boss' new Leopard A5/A6 NL?

Hoi guys,

Just wondering what the word is on this kit? I assume it is of the same level of quality as their other Leopard releases, but i am mainly wondering on the accuracy of the NL version (MG, etc. etc.).

TIA,
Ruud

Current projects:
1/72 Has. HAF F-4E
1/72 Has. F-16D-52 RSAF
1/35 Academy M-10
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 AM
vBench

Ruud, try asking over at www.twenot-forums.nl
There are lots of peeps out there that can answer your questions
Jan
Old 02-08-2009, 10:31 AM
vBench

hobbyboss a2/a5/6

presently on third attemt to correct and build Hb. leo a2 a5 the kit is not up to snuf.I have 30 years building exp. and next to hobbycraft canada circa 1990 this line of kits is terrible. At 40.00 $ per you should be getting a good kit,however at this piont I have a full parts box. the lack of acurate locating pins and true glue serfaces make for a frustrating build. the turrent addon armor does not alline with side armor, even the slots for turret side armor hinges are poor .The commander's hatch does not line up with opening on turret top .OK too many other shortcomming to list .My goal for this years subjects leo2 a/5 duch army /leo2 a5/6m canadian army. Q. can someone recamend kit for both builds
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM

Hoi MajorChuck,

I have the Tamiya L2A5. It is a beautfull kit. I have not built it but i have seen it built up more than a few times. Very nice. It is 95% there to get a KL Leopard 2A5. It is that last 5% that is the trouble. One could spend $$$ on the Legend update, but the side skirts are not super detailed (i've read no better than the Italeri Leopard) and i have a phobia of buying a box full of resin with the fragile parts broken off (and me having all thumbs...).

I have the FN and smoke grenade launchers from the Revell Leopard, so that (plus the side skirts from an old Italeri L2 and the antena from a M3) allow me to get within 98%. What i would be missing is the barrel cleaning kit (the KL version has fewer rods IIRC), the different access panel below the antenna on the turret and the big flat box often seen on top of the turret. There are probably a few other things, but those come to my mind.

I was hoping the the HB kit would come with a few more of those missing items (usually only available in the Legend set). That way when i found a cheap enough HB KL Leopard (i have their Leopard 2A4, and $40 is out of the question for what you get) one would be able to upgrade a Tamiya 2A5 to a KL 2A5.

A long winded answer to where i am now and what i was hoping to find in the HB KL boxing.

later
Ruud

Current projects:
1/72 Has. HAF F-4E
1/72 Has. F-16D-52 RSAF
1/35 Academy M-10
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2009, 11:12 PM
vBench

thanks ruud

that is my plan to the max got those kits now gettin the cannuck stuff with brass to do a dual build of these cats but in the meantime must continue present post kessel dio and man its big! panzerIVB mit grenadiers und nordland inf.

Last edited by majorchuck; 05-23-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
vBench

leo 2 a6 H.B.

ok worked on that leo kit untill it submitted to my will and it is not too bad looks good but that cheek armor hinge set up required a smal spacer at the bottom corner of the fixed plate that the hinges are integral with this moved the position of the hinges up and out and with a little bending of parts with dry fitting it worked I hope they redo this kit becuse tamiya kit 77.00 can. here is the done deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbyboss leo 2 -6.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	1955  
Reply With Quote top