Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
vBench

Dragon's new Tiger I, [I]Wittmann's Last Tiger[/I]

Well if you a fan of the commander then good news with this kit.
I, myself, would have been happier with a more main stream, earlier Tiger, that didn't cost a right nut.
Anyway all new kits are welcome [lots of room, with the need to correct older kits like the 3-1 Pz.IV/D] so it'll be good to see built.
BTW, didn't these Tigers have a patch of zim missing of the driver's plate to allow for the unit's emblem?

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 AM
vBench

I guess it is what we all have been waiting for... Why do they keep releasing these, if they have already released ALL of them?????

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 02:44 AM
vBench

I'm really not a fan of these pre-zimmed kits, I still think there's something to be said for the "old school" ways. If you're into Tigers, you probably already had everything to build this beast between the 3-in-1 kit and the Kurzmaul edition. Basically what sets the kit apart is the 25mm roof which was previously only available in the Kurzmaul kit.
There's still Tigers to be kitted, most notable the early and mid models. Right now I'm backdating a Fehrmann kit to a July 43 production Tiger, but would love to see a real early release from Dragon. What I really want is a "early" early production Tiger, the kind you see around Kharkov in service with SS Panzer Korps in early 43...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 AM

It's been out a while

Hi

This has been out quite a while, and as a Cyberhobby one it was heavily pre ordered with I believe it nearly sold out if you want one.

As regards getting the earlier versions of this beastie, you do know that Dragon showed at Christmas the box-art of their Initial Tiger coming out very soon don't you ?

In case you missed it here is the artwork

Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 AM
vBench

Ron did a great job on the art work yet again [even popped the experimental exhaust guards in].
IIRC, this is just the first uber kit without the bells 'n whistles?
If so then it can be made up to about hull number 30 after that you need help from Dragon.

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 06:54 AM
vBench

It's not even like the artwork!

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 11:43 AM

I think you are confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropi View Post
It's not even like the artwork!
The artwork I posted depicts the up and coming, soon to be released Early Tiger that Dragon are bringing out.

Posted as a response to the comments about wanting Dragon to bring out the Early and Mid versions of the Tiger.

It's got nothing to do with the "Wittmann" Tiger.

Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
vBench

I think one of the weaknesses of pre-zimmed kits is the fact that the zim is cut into the panels. This will result in problems when you need cut outs in the zim for unit insignia.

As for the new artwork, I saw that on ML a few weeks ago. Can't wait for it to come out. You notice the vehicle in the background features the production style fenders and lugs for the mudguards right?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan August View Post
I think one of the weaknesses of pre-zimmed kits is the fact that the zim is cut into the panels. This will result in problems when you need cut outs in the zim for unit insignia.
Evan,

If my memory is correct, in the zimmerit Tiger I late that is already out there are options included to cut away the zimm and glue a flat peace of plastic in place where the unit insigna goes.

Groet
Tony
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan August View Post
You notice the vehicle in the background features the production style fenders and lugs for the mudguards right?
I'm afraid that is just for historical accuracy. Number 3 was the only Initial Tiger operational at this date.

David
Reply With Quote top