Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Warriors has purchased these new WW2 French Tankers masters, so we should see them on the market in a few months.

We have had so many requests for copies of this color photo that we have had a print run done of 100 11" x 17" posters of the image. The image shows a USN/USMC tank yard in Hawaii in 1944. Lots of details present in the photo, and yes, there does appear to be several M3A1 Stuart tanks in the background, painted in the LVT Blue color!!

I was able to obtain the original 4" x 5" color slide transparency for use in this print run. It is printed on a heavy card stock and looks freakin' beautiful.

I will have them at the AMPS Nats in Ohio, they will be on sale at the CRM Hobbies table for $12.50 each.

Here are a couple of more shots of some of the figures from Bill Chilstroms "German Retreat" diorama, he is busy modeling and working on his book.

We are very busy working on articles for the first issue of "Masters, Models & Dioramas", a new magazine that will launch later this year. The color images above are from one of the articles that I am putting together.

Here is a shot of my dad's tank on Cape Gloucester in 1943. The second shot shows a Marine M4A2 landing on Saipan, if you look closely, this vehicle has some very strange camouflage on it. I have a few more images of it from other angles and I am doing a color plate of it.

All for now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2006, 10:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to privatesnafu
Will the Magazine Be Quarterly? Bi-monthly?...or dare I hope...monthly!?!

Kevin H.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 05:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to mindphaser
WHERE IS POSSIBLE TO BUY YOUR POSTRER WITH A LOT OD LVTS?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by privatesnafu@Apr 9 2006, 10:13 PM
Will the Magazine Be Quarterly? Bi-monthly?...or dare I hope...monthly!?!

Kevin H.
At present the Magazine is planned for two issues a year, in order to make each issue a top notch issue.

We don't want to fall into that "one good issue, then four mediocre issues" trap that seems to plague most model magazines today.

It will be available at hardcorpsmodels.com exclusively for the first issue. We are not doing his mag as a "Big money maker", if we wanted that we would publish a sexy girlie magazine (ummm still might.

This mag is more of a labor of love, and a chance to showcase things not seen elswhere. The "Masters" in the title refers to the many masters we make for the various aftermarket hobby companies.

Many in progress articles showing figures by Bill Chilstrom, Master patterns also from myself and other insudtry patternmakers. As well as models and dioramas that we and others produce.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mindphaser@Apr 10 2006, 05:36 AM
WHERE IS POSSIBLE TO BUY YOUR POSTRER WITH A LOT OD LVTS?
Not OD LVTs, but Blue Stuarts!! It will be available on hardcorpsmodels.com very soon.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 AM

Heya, Dave,

As always, lots of great Pacific/Marine stuff ta look forward to...

Speaking of the color WWII Pacific photos, have you ever thought of publishing a book just of color Pacific photos...? They are always so hard to come by I'm sure that it would sell well... Just an idea!

Keep 'em coming!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
Reply With Quote top