Old 04-09-2004, 11:16 AM
vBench

Axis tanks of WW II.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2004, 03:09 PM

Hi James-

It all depends on what you mean by "best". I am partial to the Ospery titles myself..... the have some good information (particularily the Jenz ones) and they are cheap enough that I can pick up a couple now and again. If you don't read the captions, the Squadron "In Action" series pretty good for "rough overview" of certain vehicles. However, I am dubious about the level of research put into captioning photos and such...

If you are talking about dead nuts research on a particular vehicle... then in my opinion the "Nuts and Bolts" series are AWESOME... especially the newer titles. The Marder IIIM book set me back about 40 bucks, but it is packed with info... soooo

Just my 2 cents..

Later-
Jeff
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 02:22 PM

For a pretty complete overview, IMO, are the "Panzer Colors" series. Some of the info is not always correct, but there are a lot of pictures. I believe the late Bill Murphey was working on a set of corrections for this series.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 08:10 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by pipesmoker@Apr 13 2004, 01:22 PM
For a pretty complete overview, IMO, are the "Panzer Colors" series. Some of the info is not always correct, but there are a lot of pictures. I believe the late Bill Murphey was working on a set of corrections for this series.
here is a link to the corrections of the Panzer colour series..panzer colors

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2014, 02:59 PM

The 'Encyclopedia of german tanks of world war two' by Peter Chamerlain and Hilary Doyle published by arms and armour lists virtually all armoued the tanks, half tracks self propelled guns (including siege morters) and armoured wheeled vehicles including captured vehicles used as well. If you can get a copy then you wont be disapointed.
Reply With Quote top