Old 11-10-2004, 08:40 AM
vBench

This is one of my many slow projects. Model + FineMolds barrel+2 Gum-Ka PE sets + Friul tracks + Atak zimmerit.

Here you can see it built with almost all PE, Atak zimmerit, FM barrel. I'm building it as BefehlsPanther in Italy so added sb antenna.
Atak zimmerit is easy and good looking solution if you hesitate to do it from putty.

Here Panther after taking a dive from 3 feet to floor. My expression on my face must have been quite...memorable Wasn't funny at the time. Miraculously I found all the parts.

Panther with first coat of paint. DG mix is with Humbrol paints: Hu34+Hu110+Hu83+Hu84 ratio 1:1:1:1.

I'll update this project as it comes along,

Niko
Old 11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
vBench

Good job-glad to see someone besides me and a few others posting their work. I've got one of these as well sitting waiting. What reference are you using for this specific vehicle?

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2004, 02:09 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Nov 10 2004, 12:36 PM
Good job-glad to see someone besides me and a few others posting their work. I've got one of these as well sitting waiting. What reference are you using for this specific vehicle?
Hi,
it's simply all your fault I've been checking your work regularly and try to contribute my part now Hopefully these are inspiring for someone, at least.
Anyway, Panther is one of (too) many fav subjects. I've purchased some books about it. A-J Press's 7 Panther books are quite useful even thou diagrams and drawings are not totally reliable. Jentz/Doyle's Panther "bible" is total must for every Panther modeler. Unfortunately I don't have it :/ I have a friend's copy(thank you Mika, if you are listening)
This particular Panther is going to be located in Italy. I have only one book covering Italy panzers: Osprey's Panzers in Italy 43-45. It has some good photos of BefehlsPanthers. It's going to be only DG colored.

Cheers,
Niko
Old 11-11-2004, 03:42 AM
vBench

Well, book is of course Concord's, not Osprey's

Niko
Old 11-11-2004, 05:14 AM
vBench

ya that confused me. I have the Concorde book. Refresh my memory- did all early A's have zim-zim zimerite?

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2004, 07:39 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Nov 11 2004, 05:14 AM
ya that confused me. I have the Concorde book. Refresh my memory- did all early A's have zim-zim zimerite?
Hello,
afaik ALMOST all early A's had zimmerit. In Doyle's Panther book there is one pic of early A without zimmerit. Rest of pics I've seen(more than one hundred) have zimmerited early A's.

Niko
Old 03-30-2005, 02:31 PM
vBench

And here is an update to this project. Just painted and some tools painted, too.

There was a "slight" setback yesterday as my 16-month son managed to open my model cabinet and pull out about 10 models to play with! Luckily none of the models are unrepairable but Panther with it's PE took most of the damage. So this is really an unlucky kit This time some of the PE were lost so those must be scratchbuilt.
This is actually the scrapyard of models:

Niko
Old 03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
vBench

Looks superb Niko. Sorry to see that is somewhat cursed. But I am sure that you will resurrect this kitty and make her a winner!

Nice looking 35(t) as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuke Sowle@Mar 30 2005, 02:36 PM
Looks superb Niko. Sorry to see that is somewhat cursed. But I am sure that you will resurrect this kitty and make her a winner!

Nice looking 35(t) as well.
Hi,
thank you for encouraging comments Yes, I'll do some rework on Panther and will bring it back from the twilight.

Pz35(t) did loose only some PE from fenders so no big problems there. It is actually ready for some filters etc...I'll start a thread from that, too.

Niko
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 AM
vBench

Hey Niko

Really nice build! I am using yours as refence for my Revell Panther project haha...

ollie
Reply With Quote top