Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Talking Flakpanzer 341 'Coelian'

This is my second post and is the Accurate Armour conversion for the FlaKpanzer Coelian. I've not decided yet whether to put it on one of my Italeri or Tamiya Panther hulls, or purchase another Dragon Panther!! I drilled a hole in the side of the turret to insert a metal rod so that the guns would elevate easier, as I had not decided at what angle I wanted them. As you can see the zimmerit needs a little bit of repair work. Now I've got my modelling room up and running in our new house my intention is to finish all the half built projects that I've got in numerous boxes.

The kit has some excellent details and fine weld beads on the turret. The zimmerit is nice and is not uniform. On reflection I should have got the turret without the zimmerit as it would have become operational in 1945, several months after zimmerit was discontinued. I like to think I am now more knowledgeable than I was when I started this several years ago!!

Reply With Quote top