Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 04-12-2004, 11:26 PM
vBench

looking at the instructions for the Jagdpanther(späte)- the heater on the back did/could have a screen- still you may try a scratch-build on the fan thingy...

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 08:40 AM
vBench

James,

Thanks for the information. I still haven't found the fan, me thinks it's gone. I even tried the vacuum, but no luck.

So, I'll post a question in Axis on this one but I will need to know screen size. I was thinking faucet screen may be the only with tight enough mesh in 1/72 but maybe someone else who has done it before has an idea.

BTW --- this baby is primed and I'm working out road wheels right now. I have some pics, I'll put them up tonight.

Cheers,
Christopher
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
vBench

Here's a couple pics of the DML 1/72 Jadgpanther primed.

As you can see the detail is pretty good IMO and from what I can tell fairly accurate based on the drawings I've looked at. The kit comes with the parts to make both early and late, this being the late version.

The second pic shows the less than great holes in the side of the hull for tools and such. I have not decided if I'm going to bother filling these or not as a test fit of the stuff that goes there hides them just fine. It just looks really bad right now.

Also depending on what version you are building you may have to fill them as the stowage was not all on the side for some models, particularly some of the late models which had the cleaning rod on the back deck, but the one I'm modeling does not

Also this first pic shows the missing heater fan, pretty obvious thing I definately have to fix.

Hope to have some more pics soon.

Cheers,
Christopher

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2004, 06:51 PM
vBench

So the pic below shows the screen I might use for fan cover, what do you guys think in terms of scale?

Also note that as luck would have it as soon as I took apart the faucet in the bathroom I found the part I lost on the floor. So it is simply sitting in place. It still needs trimming to fit, but at least I know where it is

Cheers,
Christopher

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2004, 02:11 AM
vBench

hey D the fan thing really is not a fan but a skeletal structure for the movable pie shaped covers that controlled the temp of the coolant as well it gave stiffness to the shell of the Kampfraumheizung. Your DML kit's version seems a bit thick in scale but oh well... here is a pic from Schiffer's panther tank -the quest for combat supremacy. The picture of the real thing may help you gauge the screen grid-there are architectual modelling metal frets I've seen that may have something you can use- or go to the local "head shop " and pick up a few extra screens... :lol:

in this pic of a JP..

from ML you can see the pie shapes in stowed position. (the metal covers are added armour to avoid damage during shoot ups from the Allied planes.)

This one shows the arrangement more clearly...

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2004, 06:49 PM
vBench

Thanks a lot for those pics James

You keep that up and you're are gonna turn me over to the darkside of buying way too much aftermarket stuff and changing scales, that's a beauty. I really love the added armor and it is very, very clear to me in those pics how lacking the 1/72 version OOB really is.

But...on to the reason for this post. Not wanting to open a HUGE can of worms, but feeling the question necessary, what do you folks think of the Dunkelgleb in the pic below?

It is a mixed version using MM Acyrl Dunkelgleb as a base, but OOB it is way to green/olive for what I've seen, but then I've never seen the real color.

The pic attached is only a primed base and has many spray shadows so it is NOT final, just wanted some opinion on the color. The pic is natural light and un-adjusted to show more of the true color.

Please let me know what you think because this Jadg will be overall Dunkelgleb.

Cheers,
Christopher

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2004, 08:26 PM
vBench

Well,

After a change of heart I went with tiger stripes.
Here it is after the second coat of green and I went
back over the stripes again going with freehand rather
than blue tack masking which I had done first.

I used a lighter shade green and tonight applied a wash.
Not seen are the road wheel which are done and the tracks
which are primed with Mr. Surfacer 1000.

Also, the extra armor on back is only a dry fit and there
is another. Both made from Evergreen and spare brass from
PE frets.

This is last night:

and this is tonight:

Reply With Quote top