Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Way to go with the soldering. I feel that if you can that is the best way to go with brass.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 PM
vBench

The 2cm looks terrific,

Well done .

Michael
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 AM
vBench

Painting began

Hello,
Thanks for your replies! I love this tiny flak gun and Griffon made a quite good job with the aftermarket set.
I've started the painting. I plan to complete the vehicle first and paint/weather the gun separately later. This time I was playing with the idea to try the modulation method however the vehicle has no really big flat surfaces and is interesting itself with the lots of rivets and bent surfaces. So some subtle modulation was done. Hardly visible, almost no visible contrast and even that little will surely disappear until I finish the weathering. The pictures were taken by my phone so the quality is not 100%. I used Vallejo Model Air 71025 Sand yellow and white with different ratios.

I'm not worried about the not-so-good-and-visible modulation. The plenty rivets and the quite busy fenders will be cool when fully weathered. I've just only started some pin-washes and like the result.

That's for now. I just looked at my blog and surprised how long ago I had started this model... and how far the finish will be.

cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
http://muanyagforgacs.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 AM
vBench

Slowly progressing further... The full body received pin-wash and some very subtle filters (simple oil paints were used, no "official" filter or wash products). Tow cable was painted, weathered, some missing minor parts (Notek, aerial base, etc) were glued and painted.

The most recent action: painting the exhaust pipe. I always had problems with painting this part - my experiments ended in too orange-shade and too vivid results. So this time I tried a different method.
1. Painted the exhaust with Dark Rust as a primer
2. Some hairspray...
3. Vallejo Model Color - BUFF was applied
4. Made heavy chipping (hairspray technique)
5. Very light filter was made with the original colour (Vallejo Model Air - Sand Yellow)
6. Dark Rust and Light Rust was applied with an old brush (very short bristle) like some kind of mix of the "sponge method" and dry brushing
7. Final touches with MIG Standard Rust pigments...

The result is close to what I wanted to achieve: an exhaust of a not-too-old vehicle.

... and now I'm thinking about the spare tracks. I don't have any book reference about the vehicle but according to the pictures what I found on the internet it seems to me that the "monochrome" dark yellow vehicles received their spare tracks painted to the original dark yellow color. Which is logical as on a light colored vehicle it would be strange to have the black-painted tracks on the hull. So I am thinking about leaving the spare tracks in their current color (some light rusting-chipping would be applied of course). But I would like to ask your help / opinions, dear fellow modelers... Should I paint it to "track colour" or should I leave it dark yellow?

cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2014, 02:00 AM
vBench

Radio sets

Hi all,
Very slowly progressing... lately I played with the radios, tried to find out, what is connected to what and how should I replicate it with 0.2mm wires. My findings were that Dragon left out the power source of the "Sender" unit and I also miss the connection unit towards the antenna. Though they would be hardly visible when assembled. At first step I made the wiring of the two radio unit and the on-board selector. Later will add the headphones and throat microphone as well but now some weathering will happen first...

The placards on the power supply and on-board unit are from Archer.
cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
Reply With Quote top
Users like MZsolt's post!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 AM
vBench

Flak 38

Here are some pics of the finished Flak. It will be mounted on the vehicle when the wheels and track is ready - it can take months as I see my progress and lack of free time but fortunately it is not bound to any deadline...

cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2014, 02:51 PM
vBench

98%

Almost ready... Some more dust here and there, a "unifying" earth tone spray to the lower parts, and the vehicle is finished. I plan to include at least one figure as well just for the "measurement". Here are the pics:

cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:

Last edited by MZsolt; 12-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote top