Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to Driver
Trumpeter German 39(h) 10.5cm LeFH 18(Sf) auf Geschutzwagen

Boy! After writing that title thereís not much time to build. No, seriously, after Dave proposed the SPG group build I though about entering one of mine, but then Abdin started one and I felt the need to join in. After all we are the Voodoo Boys, arenít we?

So I decided to do this:

And since the tracks are vinyl Iím going to use this:

As with every tank, the firs part is the suspension so I started to clean all the parts for it. Here are all the parts ready to be assembled.

And here they are after a little glue was applied.

Next, of course, the bogies, idlers, return rollers and sprockets were attached to the chassis.

Then the interior, here is the firewall. The box beside it goes on top of that square part that looks like a radiator; but you need to cut a little plastic from one of the edges to make it sit properly.(That's the curved indentation that you see on the back of the part.) Luckily this wont be seen once the part is in place.

Here you can see the parts in place.

I still need to build the transmission and seat to finish the interior parts supplied in the model but that will be later. See you soon!

Ruben

"A model is a terrible thing to waste!"
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
vBench

Dear Ruben.

...a good start!...I will follow with a big interest!

Luiz.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 AM
vBench

Nice start...Ruben
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2008, 07:34 PM

nice voo d.. I mean start keep it up, but take some time to sleep eat etc.. two kits at a time?? is this some kind of a race???
Old 11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
vBench

Luiz and Marco, thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
nice voo d.. I mean start keep it up, but take some time to sleep eat etc.. two kits at a time?? is this some kind of a race???
Thanks Din. Don't worry, I'll be working one day in the Flak and the next in the Geschutzwagen so I think everything will be OK.

Ruben

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
vBench

ahhh just one of the kit i love to see build
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 PM
vBench

Hi guys, long time no see!
Itís been a while since my last post but here I am again to continue.

After the suspension was built I started to build the tracks since its one of the most tedious and time-consuming parts of any model. The fit of the track is good but not perfect; I had to remove material from the back of the return rollers to improve the fit.
The road wheels should be thinned too but since mine were glued already I had to remove only part of it to make it fit. Thereís no problem with the idle or the sprocket whatsoever.
And here it is with the tracks in place.

Next I installed the transmission and made a new drive shaft because the original one was too short and the alignment of the engine and the tranny wasnít 100% accurate.

Then it was time for the fighting compartment. Here the fit of the parts is not the problem but the plethora of sinkholes is. I started to cut styrene disks to plug them but I leave out the ones that will be hidden by equipment.

Also the recuperator cylinder has a sinkhole that needs plugging.

The gun cradle didnít present any problems until later in the build. (More on that later.)

Hereís the gun support; no problem here.

Next, the barrel itself. Here are some fit problems like the fit of the breechblock to the rest of the gun. If you look closely youíll notice the pieces of white plastic needed to fill the gaps.

The other side

Here is another point of trouble; the gun mount is divided in two parts, front and back. You have to drill here to make the hole deeper so the recuperator cylinder can sit deep enough or the mount wonít align properly.

Here is the complete gun. All the white parts are the ones you have to make. One of the most important things is the little square box for the right side hand wheel. There are two hand wheels, one on each side, the left one is ok but if you glue the right one as per the instructions it will interfere with the lower gun mount. I donít know why but Trumpeter forgot to put that little box in the kit so youíll have to make one.

The fighting compartment is a straight forward build. (After you plug the sinkholes that is.) The only modification I did was to cut some of the positioning tabs (Marked in red.) for the ammo rack so it can sit level on the floor.

And here is everything ready for paint.

Next, the yellow and green paint arrives.
See you soon,
Ruben

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2008, 01:30 PM
vBench

Hey Ruben...it would be a great kit except for the fit problems, missing parts, and sink holes! LOL...!

Wonderful update on the build and now for the paint.

take care,
Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 AM
vBench

Thanks Rick.

And speaking of missing parts I found that there's another one missing from the kit. There's a lever that goes on top of the breech and it is completely absent from the kit.
But as it is a simple thing to do it won't be a problem.

Regards
Ruben

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 AM
vBench

Great SBS progress...I'm waiting the Bronco's one
Reply With Quote top