Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
vBench

I did not realize for some reason that the tracks on the Initial Tigers were the same. The ones that come in Dragonís kit are wrong. One side is just reversed. Anyone know of someone with a correct set?

[

Mike

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
vBench

I don't know about the tracks. But I believe that is an early production Tiger, judging from the fenders and the things for mounting the side mud guards. Don't know if it makes a difference though.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
vBench

Now corect me if I am wrong but Tiger 14 of s.Pz-Abt. 502 which I think to be a Initial Tiger but I am not sure if it the old number 3. It has had the side bolts mounted for mud guards.

Edit : I found an answer to my question I think. Some had mirror tracks and others did not.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/threa...00/Tiger+tracks

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM

According to MMIR Modelers Guide to the Tiger Tank, all initial Tigers (about the first 25 tanks) came with "handed" tracks. The tracks were a mirror image of each other. The tracks in the kit are correct for the first 25 vehicles off of the line. If you want to bulid an early Tiger I from the kit, buy the Fruil or Model Kasten tracks.
There are other differences that make this an initial Tiger kit such as stowage, the lack of an air cleaner system, and track guards.

Smoke
Reply With Quote top