Old 03-17-2012, 01:08 AM
vBench

Panzer Tracks #4

From reading a lot of online review articles, they all claim that Panzer Tracts No.4 Panzerkampfwagen IV, is one of the best reference on the subject. It's scaled plans are often used to check accuracy on the models.

Think I kind of miss it when it is out, and now I can hardly find it anywhere. I also checked the publisher's site, while almost all the other Panzer Tracts books are available, but this specific one for Panzer IV is not.

Panzer IV is one of the popular subjects (and mine), I wonder how you folks manage to find a copy?

Also, anybody heard about this one going to be reprinted or not?

And if not, what else did you folks use for reference on the plan? I heard that Achtung Panzer #3 is also good, but from some discussion, there seem to be a discrepancy on the plan between the two and It is better to have more reference then only one...

Well, Achtung Panzer #3 is also hard to find currently...

I have a tristar Panzer IV D/tauch (planing on building for a ausf D), that I am sitting on, trying to find good references before the build...

Any help is appreciated.

--- Ken ---

Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:21 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
If you can't find Panzer Tracts #4 (there are plans to release a multi-volume set as was done with the Panther) you could get the German or English language book.

German book which can be found on Amazon.de

English one you can buy from RZM but note the plans are not to 1/35th scale. There are other issues as well with the plans.

It should be noted that History Facts plan to release a series on the Pz IV as well:

The first English language book is expected in the first quarter of 2013.

I hope this helps,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top