Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
vBench

"REQUIEM", a 251/22 vignette.

Hi fellow modelers.

It's time for my first vb-build here at Planet Armor. It will be a quite simple vignette with the title "Requiem". Please google it for an explanation. Much easier than if I shall try explain it for you.

The vignette will feature a SdKfz. 251/22 and its crew as they return from the front to see to their wounds. They have just been in combat where an enemy round, aimed too high, hit the Pak-shield on the right side killing the loader and wounding the others in the rear compartment.
The vignette will show them on their way home, tired and silent as they pass by a church or a cemetary. They have laid their dead comrade on the engine deck wrapped in his shelter quarter.

From the start this was supposed to be a simple and easy build, just to get som inspiration back so I could complete "Murderous Mist". It worked but as the inspiration raised so did the cost for the must-have-accessories.
I also wanted to try some, for me, new technics. Hard edge cammo and soldering photo-etch.

I just have to explain that this build is not as serious as my previous ones (Pole Position and Murderous Mist) so I don't care too much about the level and accuracy of details. But as always I will do my best to create a feeling and show the meaning of its title.

First some shots of the Pakwagen in its naked state.
The model is from AFV Club. I've added barrel and fenders from Aber and radio from TigerModelDesign. Adlers Nest is the producer of the antenna.

It was fun and quite easy to solder. Couldn't get hold on some brass width indicators so I used the ones from the box. A bit thick though.

The TMD has done an awesome job with the radio. I used some artistic freedom and put it in the rear compartment. This is were I'd put it if I had been the commander of this Pakwagen

And here are some pictures of my attempts with the hard edge cammo .

I used Blue Tac to mask the cammo scheme. But it didn't turn out as I expected. I thought about it for a while and together with usefull comments from other modelers I decided to repaint it.

It got much better. It was not a total make over but instead I tried to do the best out off the old cammo pattern. The problem now was that the colours got to dark, especially the green. I had to fade them.

Well first I faded it too much so I had to bring back the red and green colours.
In the end I think it turned out pretty good. Remember that I have only painted it in its base colours. No weathering at all except for som fading with the airbrush.

I will try to depict a quite old halftrack which been fitted with a brand new Pak. The Pak and its mount will be painted in dark green. The supporting beams in red primer.

I've also done some work on the figures. This is the commander whose arm took some shrapnel from the hit. I work with Magic Sculp. Head is Hornet.
There is still a lot to do but some progress have been made. The figure is originally a US. soldier from Dragon.

Well, thats it for now. Hope you enjoyed some of it .

See ya / Mattias Larsson, Sweden
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 AM
vBench

Structure goes magnificently ! Great camo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
vBench

Mattias, great to see that you brought this project over to your Vbench, it will be a joy to watch your progress.

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Metalhead #1

Send a message via MSN to skeletondude
Great work Mattias, I can't wait to see how the diorama will look.

M
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
vBench

Is this the third paintjob.

I didnt notice it before but I like the damage on the gunshield. Neat wiring for the radio as well.

You could try light green or buff filter to lighten the green camoflage colour.

Cheers

"Bet Kinder bet, morgen kommt der Schwede.
Der Schwede der kommt mit dem morgenstern,
Er frist die kleine Kinder gern."
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
vBench

WoW, super cool!

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
vBench

Nice work on building,painting and sculpting!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM
vBench

Rick -
Quote:
Mattias, great to see that you brought this project over to your Vbench
Yes Rick. Thought it was better to work and update in my own thread and it's a really nice atmosphere here too.

Uruk-Hai -
Quote:
You could try light green or buff filter to lighten the green camoflage colour.
I'm out of colours (being well prepared, yea right). Actually I was thinking about lighten the colours with filters (light green for the green and so on) cause more airbrushing will ruin the hard edge cammo.

Well, back to painting.

Cheers / Mattias Larsson, Sweden
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
vBench

This is Uber good!!!

Love it!!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
die Geisteskranker

Send a message via AIM to Totenhosen
Nice sculpting on that fig. I'll be watching this one!

- Beetlejuice
Reply With Quote top