Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 AM
vBench

Gents,
Half a year passed since the last message and baaaang, here is a new comment
I have the same problem with site blocking at my workplace (fortunately PA is not YET blocked). But I have a smartphone and mobile internet access - so firewalls should not be an issue.
Both of you has right about the reasons, I think. What my personal stance is: now I try to post on PA, on Armorama, on my blog and Instagram in parallel but as I have limited time, I will give up some of them. And what is the logic behind a decision of this kind? I will leave the least active one(s).
So maybe this is/was a classic downward spiral? Kind of a forum-deflation? More and more visitors left the site due to the constantly decreasing activity and the leaving of "big names" (A. Wilder, tamigawa, J. Tainton and many-many others)?
cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
http://muanyagforgacs.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2016, 12:13 PM
vBench

It had been over a year since I last posted on this site (two days ago) and I was not really surprised by the lack traffic. I never visited this site because of the "big names", I liked the site for the vbench feature as I enjoy seeing in-progress projects. Especially when it's kits being built that I may want to build myself as they are the best reviews you can get. The main reason I haven't been visiting this site is my interest changed as I have been concentrating on aircraft models. Well I hope to be visiting more here in the future again.

Roy
Old 01-09-2017, 04:55 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlichtr View Post
It had been over a year since I last posted on this site (two days ago) and I was not really surprised by the lack traffic. I never visited this site because of the "big names", I liked the site for the vbench feature as I enjoy seeing in-progress projects. Especially when it's kits being built that I may want to build myself as they are the best reviews you can get. The main reason I haven't been visiting this site is my interest changed as I have been concentrating on aircraft models. Well I hope to be visiting more here in the future again.

Roy
You're right. The vBench builds were (and in some cases are, depending on picture availability from outside picture databases, namely photobucket, etc.) the most lucrative features of the site. It seems to me that a lot of people swithched to other sites (myself prefer armorama) where there are life-signs and active forums... but I don't give up hope and visit/post this site regularly.
cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
http://muanyagforgacs.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote top