Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
vBench

Well to ease back into some model building after being away for a couple of months, I have decided to work on this kit which I have had on the back burner for years. It presented itself to me at my storage locker today in a seperate box from all the other kits which are buried there for awhile. So hopefully I can finish this one and learn stuff along the way. Now I wonder what after market items and books I may have bought for this one... hmmm. (Man I gotta get back into the swing of things :lol: )

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 AM
vBench

Gday James,

Great to see you straight back into models after your trip.

The JT is a great project too. ITs one of DML's better older kits I think. Lots of detail, but plenty of room for improvement.

Im looking forward to seeing this one progress

Sam
Old 05-25-2006, 12:41 AM
vBench

G'day James & Members.

Mate excellent choice, but you should go for the retooled one. Not because it has better wheels, tools and some other crap I cant remember....but because it's being driven by yours truly.

The great box art was done by Australian Barry Crook, the co driver is Don Campbell of AFV modeller fame and the crew commander is James Blackwell of Albury Hobby Centre fame.

Cheers, Willy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
vBench

Thanks for the the encouragement guys. As for the new tool one, I will just stick with this one. I'm not probably going to get too anal about any flaws although any improvments that you can suggest would be very much appreciated. Barry Crook's art looks great. I guess that must be a real insider's kick to have your mugs on the box :lol:
On a related topic Dragon emailed me while I was in Germany to do the box art for the Tarawa Sherman, (well actually they contacted me first about it last October! but I guess they needed to do some improvements on the kit before they released it).
I very well couldn't do it while I was on the road!
I am planning to get back into the Litho shop and do some original litho prints of Tigers and what not, and maybe sell them on the net. Say hi to Barry for me.

As for the aftermarket things I found this Lion Roar set in the box. I have come to look at Lion Roar askance because the accuracy of the fittings is somewhat simplified. But I will use it here for people to see it in action. Is the set even available any more. Any ways some shots of the instructions.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 07:52 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hi James,

Cool project, I also have this kit on the back burner. Have you any idea what vehicle you'll do?

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to Dragan Send a message via MSN to Dragan
Like all your works that I'm watching with big attention and pleasure this one want be exception !
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 03:05 PM
vBench

Hi guys,
anyone know of any good online articles/builds of this model? Thanks

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Bates@May 25 2006, 05:52 AM
Have you any idea what vehicle you'll do?

Not really... any suggestions?

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hi James,

Well, like doing TII's there aren't alot to choose from. Personally, I have plans for X7, but in the new Panzerwrecks, there are 3 quite good photos of what they say to be X5 from 1/s.Pz.Jg.Abt.512,which shows the camo pattern quite well. Or, PW 1 shows 323 s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 653 , which has been done before but these pics I have not seen before, and show the camo scheme, even through the dust.

Just a couple of suggestions. If you don't have the books, I'll email them to you.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
vBench

Hi James

May I suggest Otto Carius' mount. It would have probably been a command vehicle and there it is still inconclusive whether he was with the 2nd or 3rd company. They used Y and Z respectively.

I look forward eagerly to your build!

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top