Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 AM
vBench

Aber Panther fenders pointers?

I've used the new Aber fender set on a SW Dragon Panther, but I'm having some difficulty mounting the assembly to the hull. Some things to ponder-

1) Part 9, these are the brackets that the front fenders would be bolted to in real life. But how should these attach to the hull? Should they sit at a 90 degree angle to the glacis, or should the bends contour to the slope of the glacis plate?

2) The side fenders, I'm having some difficulty getting these in there. I was originally going to use the kit plastic brackets, but found that these were too small to work with the new Aber pieces. I ended up filling all the locating slots for these, and then using the new metal brackets, which look nice. The problem being, however, that there is such a small edge on these that I can't see how super glue can hold the assembly to the hull with any degree of strength. While the side fenders are soldered to the front fender bracing, it's still a large piece to trust super glue to hold in place.

The thing that pisses me off is that I was so pleased with being able to actually bend and solder these things up and then run into trouble when trying to attach them to the hull...
Reply With Quote top