Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 AM
vBench

Cyber-hobby Pz.Kfz.II Ausf.F

Got this one yesterday, hope I can find some time to post some pics and do a build up?

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2007, 10:24 AM
vBench

Does it have interior, James?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
vBench

i think we need sprue shots.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 PM
vBench

So now there is this big controversy about the suspension on the Panzer II/F.
This first surfaced in a post on Missing Links on Sept. 17th.
Quote:
Suspension units on Cyber's Pz. II
September 17 2007 at 5:01 PM Steve Dowty (Login SDowty)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 68.189.175.157
In comparing the two-piece suspension arms on Cyber-Hobby's new Pz II F to the drawings in Achtung Panzer #7, it looks as if these are appropriate for the Marder, but not for the F. I've also found a few good photos that show the arm clearly in one piece, without a join near the top. Are these just leftover toolings from the Marder II, or were they really used on the F?

Respond to this message
Author Reply
Richard Craig
(Login richardcraig)
Missing-Lynx members
Thanks for bringing that to my attention
September 17 2007, 7:14 PM

Interesting ,I never even noticed it .I'm working on the suspension right now as well. So far from what I've been looking through it seems to be left over from the Marder kit ,but I'm waiting for the new Panzer Tract that should get here this week so I'll let you know if they will clear this up .It looks like we're in for some putty work ..Blah!

Rick
Everybody seems to have really jumped on the bandwagon to point out the flaw.
Here are some scans from the Achtung Panzer book on the subject.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2007, 11:30 PM

Lol ..I guess I'm everybody ...Hi James ...Still looking around at my references but haven't found one picture of an F with that suspension being used ...I've started filing down the back part of the main suspension part the glues up into the blades and It seems to line up the parts alright ..Now just need to fill and sand .I hope that won't screw up the alignement of the wheels ...it shouldn't ...I hope ...

Rick
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2007, 12:51 AM
vBench

Hi Richard- didn't you help me out a while ago when I was looking for stuff on the Sherman III?
Anyways- I wasn't referring to you just I've noticed some others talking about it on other websites almost like they were the ones to discover the gaff.
In any case here is a couple of ebay pics of the real deal.

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 AM

Hi James ..yeah that was me and your box art looks great ..As for the suspension ..here's where I am at the moment .It's nowhere near finished but it can be made to look a bit more like the real thing ...

Rick
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Well,

It does not seem to be an insurmountable gaff. I guess I have seen worse issues and this one has a simple, although time consuming, remedy. The rest seems to be spot on. The really lazy amongst us may strategically cover these 'errors' in our friend (and the Panzer's nemesis) thawed Russian winter mud!

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!

Last edited by sharkmouth; 09-20-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
vBench

I was working on the newer version of the DML Panzer II/C and wanted to replace the ends of the revisited and somewhat corrected suspension arms using the end caps that come from the Marder II kit, that were mistakenly included in the F kit. Let me explain... -I went and got the Tank Workshop upgrade which gave me the the extra sprues of the Marder kit that come with the F model. On that kit's sprues, ( the now redundant sprues in the F kit), there is an end cap that I thought to try on the C Panzer II kit's parts. Why do I want to replace them- a somewhat bad mold seam goes right down the middle of the end of the springs which may not be too big a problem if carefully scraped off.
However this idea of using one kit's parts to improve another didn't work because they are too wide, for one thing.
But this caused me to take a closer look at the TWS items and guess what?... there is a pour tab right where this end of the leaf springs are and it provides not much detail because of this. An unfortunate placement of the pour inlet if you ask me. Looking at photos of the real items it seems what there is on the resin parts at the end at the front of the spring assembly don't stick out far enough in any case. Because of this more work will be required to get these parts up to seam, I mean steam!- not what one would like to see on an $18.00 dollar upgrade.(?) Sorry guys at TWS, nothing personal but you get a C for a grade on this one. Can't really recommend them, not at that price.

Last edited by James Tainton; 06-30-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
vBench

Here is a couple of shots to show the inroads I've been able to make with this troubled kit.

Reply With Quote top