Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Off Topic

Off Topic All topics not related to models go here. All the rules apply here: e.g. no religion or politics.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Lightbulb Interested in syndicated figure news and reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwencho View Post
If you have any ideas, please pass them on.
Alex,

Would you be interested in having the posts from my figure news/review site, Figure 135, syndicated to pA? Gordy's already been kind enough to syndicate it to pF, but since the majority of members here build 1/35 scale, and WWII, I'm sure figures of that scale and period would be of interest to them.

Rudi

Rudi
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwencho View Post
Tell it like it is or 'like it was'.
Put it out, spell it out.
Okay,

in all honesty, and this is meant in a constructive manner, since I joined in 2007 PA has always had this very different feel to it for me as opposed to other forums and for the life of me I can't figure out why it is the way it is.

I could have a thread with almost 4,000 views yet only a few replies from other members. At first, I thought it was just me, or the subject matter I built but then I could see it in many other vbench threads. There surely are tons of people interested in looking but not a whole lot of feedback, opinions, critiques etc. This can be made worse, or at least more obvious, when an older member returns briefly and posts his work only to have many other older members suddenly appear and respond. This gives me the impression that most are still here but not interested in responding to just anyone's work. Perhaps this has changed as I haven't really been around a whole lot lately.

Again, I mean this in an honest and constructive manner and not some kind of finger pointing or name calling. This is only my opinion based on my observations, which have also been voiced by others to me that they see the same thing. It is for all intents and purposes, the reason I haven't posted any work here for sometime.

*It's not that I am looking for the atta boys and back pats, I would be happy with feedback of any kind

I have no idea or opinion as to what would change this, the internet is a fickle thing and I have about as much insight into it's inner workings as I do into the inner workings of my wife's thought process.

clueless

Build how you like, like how you build.

Last edited by camokid; 02-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Founder

Good points Ken, the past moderators are gone and management have changed hands and now looking for ideas to revitalize planetArmor.

The feedback is appreciated and welcomed
Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Custom User Title

Hey Gordy,

I knew of the staff changes, with James making his own site and being on Alex's facebook friends list I think he may have mentioned something there about his new 'position' here.

I've spoken to a few people about this (like Laura who speaks very highly of you BTW) and I joined here in 2007 because I really liked what I saw back then. I only wish I could post some ideas about what would work but like I mentioned, I'm clueless about that.

IMO it's like that catch 22 when you are young and entering the work force, you can't get a job without experience and you can't get experience without the job. Same applies here, you can't get an increase in activity without active posters and you can't get active posters without an increased activity level.

I hope things pick up because I really like PA. I'll even put my money where my mouth is and try and help out by starting a new Vbench soon.

thanks for the response,

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Founder

Thanks Ken (and Laura!)

There were a lot of good ideas floated in the past that I never had the time to fulfill unfortunately such as (group builds, reviews, etc) so threads like this are valuable.

The vBench offered up modelers a spot on the web to showcase their WIP at a time where blogs and facebook were less popular.

Now days many modelers have their own blog and are posting less (to not have to double post on their own blog and planetarmor) To that point, the forum has features to syndicate via RSS members blogs into forum posts and eliminates the need to post twice.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy View Post
the forum has features to syndicate via RSS members blogs into forum posts and eliminates the need to post twice.
Cool!

*looks at blog link in signature

I'll have to look into that.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM

most excellent discussion going on.

This is some most excellent discussion going on here in this thread and want to hear more.

Get it off your shoulder, out of the gut!

There is a 'new Sheriff in town' and he (me) wants to hear ALL THE GRIEVANCES with NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, please.

I will get back to address the the above discussions, once I get back from my doctors appointment out of town.

Till then, let's hear some more.

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
vBench

I check in from time to time, and I do post once in awhile, but most of my builds of late have been for publication or are commissioned from other sites, thus I do not feel right posting those builds here. The VBench here IS the best forum style BLOG site, as you can almost instantly see all a members builds. Alas when I go to look at my old blogs, all the photos are gone - a side effect of not hosting the images on the board, but in other FTP sites which do change over time.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM
vBench

Gosh,have my ears been burning or what? OK Kid do your thing,I did mine tonight. You too John.

Tony Lee
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 AM

Great conversation going on here, please keep it going.
Get it out, this is good therapy.
Chicken Soup for the soul.

This has been a good day for me with excellent news from my Doc and good conversation on this continuing thread.

thanks

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top