Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 PM

Superb job Zsolt!!!!

People want to see photos of the dummy ammo!!

Congrats.
Germán.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:06 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to Don
Hi Zsolt!

Nice detailing, but do you want to cmplete it in this year with painting? Or only the build?

(a toronygyűrű oldaláról leszeded azt a két fület ami a teshtez rögzíti vagy pedig marad?)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2009, 06:23 AM
vBench

Woooo, very nice interior and build so far!
Well done.
Inspiring stuff this.
Bye,
Marcel.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
vBench

Hi guys,
Thanks for your positive comments, it's good to see that you are following my build (exhibitionism? maybe ).
Don, I don't plan to cut the holding "ears". The turret sits safer with it - and I always try to prepare to accidents.
Baron Rojo, well don't expect something really wild thing - they are simply painted plastic rods, pointed with a simple blade. They will be hardly visible inside the finished model. That is why I'm not afraid of their current form So be it. Here's the picture "the people want"

Today I did the ammo feed of the turret coax machinegun. This is a little "bridge" for the belt over the main gun. Also made the ammo bin - and after long hesitation I put in Eduard's PE ammo. Unfortunately its very "2D" looking thing, but better than nothing and I'm quite sure that it will look good when painted.

As the interior is almost ready (hope tomorrow I will have time to paint it) I continued the outside. Made the aux. fuel drum holders with their little hooks etc. Also glued the aerial holder in place - and made a new one as my reference shows that the Stuarts on Makin had their aerial on the left-back part of the upper hull.

That's for today. Cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
http://muanyagforgacs.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 PM
vBench

Gyönyörű!
Why didn't you try to add some 3D looking ammo belt? with a plastic belt and the flame of a lighter (not too close) it should have worked...
Arthur

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 PM
vBench

Great works....Keep going my friend...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
vBench

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hello everyone,
Some little progress on the Stuart. Painted the interior:

... and weathered with light brown filters, burnt sienna pinwash, pigments of various colours. Glued in the dummy ammo (some of them are skew but after gluing I did not want to break it apart to correct):

and chipping with Vallejo dark black-brown colour. The same was done with the turret basket. Instead of my favourite polishable Model Master Metallizer gunmetal color I tried to paint the gun and MG with dark grey and drybrushed with Humbrol gunmetal:

I would like to have a busy interior, so made the MG ammo boxes provided with the kit. Also tried to create some rations pack after a quick research on the web I made it simply in MS Word - and my printer surprised me with its capability to print size 2 fonts

And the program for the next week(s):

But first of all: visiting the family and enjoying Christmas (+ food parade by the parents ).
I wish you all the best and a merry xmas!
Cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-25-2009, 06:13 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to Don
Hi Zsolt!

You didn't joke, when you wrote,that youwant to complete it soon.
The tracks were in the box, or did you buyit seperately?

BTW nice work! Maybe you could do more chipping on it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM

Hi MZsolt, let me tell you that you work is really inspiring, as a matter of fact, i'm using it to do my "Honey" (rework some things and in others i don't have the enough skills) hope don't bother it.....

If you have some curiosity about this.....

http://www.hobbymex.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=19076

Best wishes from México....

atte.

Jesus Herrera Quiroz
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 03:46 AM
vBench

Hello guys,
I started to cut the track-links from the sprue (one hour per sprue approximately, one finished ), well, it is almost as boring as the Panzer I tracks were. But luckily not so fragile. I gave up the plan to finish this tank in 2009 but have a good chance to do so in January... Also thinking about a small dio with one or two figures but have not found any good US Army tanker figure set depicting a crew (or few crewmembers) in a resting pose. I plan to complete the tank with all hatches open after the battles on Makin.

Don, the tracks are included in the set originally. I found in Steve Zaloga's Stuart modelling book that Modelkasten and AFV Club also produces tracks for this baby but found the kit tracks to be good enough. And I have no spare money to spend on this model Some more chipping and even more dirt is under consideration...

Hola Jesus, gracias por tus palabras reconociendo mi trabajo. Espero que te puedo ayudar! (Well I don't speak Spanish but my boss does - he helped me in translation )
I looked at your Honey under constructions and it is quite okay, I like it and don't be afraid to change the things on it as you are doing with the suspension - skills improve only with practice
Some little things to correct: the radio is glued in place wrong way, I think! You can cut it and glue again with the instrument panel facing inside the tank and not upside. Another important thing (and Academy's big fault) that the Stuart Honeys did not have a turret basket! It was first presented in Stuarts with the M3A1 version so if it is not to late, don't glue it to the turret. I'm not sure but I think the ammo bins were also other type in Honeys - though I have no reference pictures
I like the dirty inside of your Honey (I think tanks should be MUCH dirtier inside than outside) and wish you a lot of free time to enjoy the hobby - and a happy new year

cheers,
Zsolt

Visit my blog:
Reply With Quote top