Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 11-09-2008, 02:17 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by trantor breton View Post
Hello laurent

good job !!!
Hi Charles, nice to have you around !
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 05:22 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tainton View Post
I was referring to Flak's and greybeard suggestion about the faulty fender...on the Panzer II/F - which had a tread plate on the right hand fender. It is obvious you are using the new Panzer II/C and I forgot that this was a change I had already encountered on my Panzer II/C build myself.

So do I have to remove treadplate from the fender in my panzer II/F like panzer II/c ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonsug Jung View Post
So do I have to remove treadplate from the fender in my panzer II/F like panzer II/c ?
I think so but I'm not sure ... if someone has the answer ?
I still have to "work" on the Pz F ... one subect at a time.
lol
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonsug Jung View Post
Yes on the backend of the right hand fender. It should be smooth.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 AM
vBench

Hi guys.
I could find some time to work on this lil' bugger, this week. here we are with step one completed.
Most of the building is finished and I sprayed the base cot of dark grey. I had some problems with my airbrush so the turret seems only half painted. No big deal as this will be covered with Dunkelgelb. I usually forget a lot of stuff so if any one notices a flaw or a mistake, please let me know.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 AM
vBench

Here we go.
the "Steve Stuckzincas" way.
One coat of hair spray over the dunkelgrau then one coat of yellow.

I already did the chipping, maybe overplayed this part but I can't take any pic at the moment. I will let you know.
Ah ... and I know what's missing : these fellows from Pz Rgt 5 had one spare wheel on the glacis. I'll have to fix his mistake.
I will work on the lower hull today and maybe put the tracks on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 AM
vBench

24 hours later ...

The same one later, after some chipping and some filters ( burnt umber and burnt sienna) applied. I'm not very happy with the letters, maybe gotta work on that tomorrow ...

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 PM
vBench

Great work on the panzer II ausf C,

Don't forget to paint the fire extiguisher, since they were constantly replaced after they expired. they came in their standard red or field grey colour rather than a camo print or in your case panzer grey with dark yellow.

so is the Dragon or Tamiya tank a better build? i have the tamiya panzer II with Afrika korps figures on my stack, just wondering if its worth a crack or does it need a detail set?

Cheers Mat
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derkaiser View Post
Great work on the panzer II ausf C,

Don't forget to paint the fire extiguisher, since they were constantly replaced after they expired. they came in their standard red or field grey colour rather than a camo print or in your case panzer grey with dark yellow.

so is the Dragon or Tamiya tank a better build? i have the tamiya panzer II with Afrika korps figures on my stack, just wondering if its worth a crack or does it need a detail set?

Cheers Mat
Thanks for the tip but so far I only know of grey, green or yellow fire extinguisher, not red (*) ... but you're right it could receive a special treatment that could add a nice touch. On the opther hand this tank was captured after only a few weeks so it sounds possible that it still has it's original extinguisher, what do you think ?

About the Tamiya kit. It is my favorite as il okks as good and accurate as the DML kit (they both have issues tho') but is much easyer to build. Most unfortunately the Tamiya can not n-be built as a DAK tank. neither the turret (early type) nor the engine deck (non "Tropen") is allright. As they say on the box it's only good for French campaign.

(*) in fact I've seen one once but it was inside a Panther, not outside ... anyway mine could be grey.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2008, 03:38 AM
vBench

Thanks on the info Gibsonfndr!

the fire extigusher red... ive seen it on finished kits( my source of reference on the matter) but never on the real thing, museums seem to remove them. but there were yellow ones grey ones ect. just leafing through my references maybe you could do it yellow and salt batter it down to match the used apperance of the Panzer II. (good article in December special issue of "Fine scale modeling" magazine on salt weathering)

so the Tamiya kit is advertised as DAK but is infact french/Polish campaign with chunky german DAK troops???

oh well,can't wait for next update
Mat
Reply With Quote top