Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 12-04-2004, 06:10 PM

The grouping of the four figures is based on a photo at the National Archives. It depicts four Marines clustered together during a map check/recon meeting. These Marines can be tankers, command staff, infantry commanders, artillery men, etc...

They will be sold in sets of two, the first two (from the left) make up the first set and the other two make up the second set. The kneeling figure needs a map resting on his knee.

The lone figure on the right is a Marine Captain, also from a National Archives photo. In the original photo he is standing next to a knocked out Japanese tank. He too could be painted as a Tanker or LVT commander/crewman etc...

Much more in store from Warriors (and Trakz) for 2005, You will here about it here first.

David Harper
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 AM
vBench

Great looking figures ! I have been waiting to see where these were gonna go. Hopefully Warriors will look ahead and release these as individual figures as well as the sets. Pose is everything when it comes to that cool diorama

Cheers !

Alpen

SEMPER FI, MARINES !!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Mike Reaves

David,
I must agree that these are great looking figures! I must admit that I am partial to WW2 USMC figures. They've been overlooked for a long time. I think the standing figure in the middle of the grouping would look great with a couple of new arms and hands blasting away on a .50 cal from an LVT2 or LVT4. I really like the pose. Some months back, I mentioned to Bill that a couple of figures firing .50's from an LVT would be cool. He seemed to agree. This one might be close enough for me to convert. Keep up the great work!
Semper Fi
Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-12-2004, 03:03 PM

Yep, I sure I agree! Wow, more first rate sculpting!!!

I'd say that the loose-hanging drape of their uniforms is worth the price of admission alone!! You see so many photos of soldiers in the Pacific --- not to mention the other Theaters --- with soldiers' uniform blouses and pants hanging loose (as it were) and you so rarely see this realized in 35th scale figures! Everyone's uniform seems to fit like a glove...not so with these guys and for that I am grateful!

And another pet peeve/cool thing about these figures: unlike most other figures, these guys have realistic postures/slouching the way real people do. Ya get a little tired of scale figures standing ramrod straight humping a heavy load, machine gun, etc.

Lots of possibilities for these and the rest of the Warriors line!

Keep 'em coming!!!

Aloha,

Johnny B.
Reply With Quote top