Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-31-2007, 12:35 PM
vBench

I was also looking at the template, pretty slick! Great build with lots of attention to the details.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to canjuaan
Thanks again, guys!

Here's the last update for 2007. Less than what I wanted to do today, but at least a bit.

I added the handle which is made from .6 mm copper wire and the corresponding weld seams around it and around the hooks for the spare track.

Some bits of PE, all soldered (except the Kolonnenfahrtlicht in the upper left corner). Green * are pieces soldered with my new soldering paste, white * were then soldered with solder plus kolophonium as flux. Big improvement, what do you think?

So that's it from my side for 2007! This blog will hopefully (^^) be continued in 2008. I wish y'all the best for next year, both in modelling and everything else.

Johannes

Last edited by canjuaan; 08-07-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: (wrong pic links)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
vBench

Hi Johannes

In answer to your questions, Aber has got it correct.

Lawrence

Quote:

Whoís right here? Voyager / DML look more convincing, but I trust ABERís research better! My reference pictures donít show this piece, maybe you can help me?

Same here, but this time itís Voyagerís instruction, which shows a different positioning of the rain guard.

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
vBench

Hello Lawrence,

thanks for the confirmation. I've already folded one, it broke two times but was easy to repair. Though I think I'll build them up from sratch - there won't actually be no visible difference and it saves me a lot of time and nerves

Furthermore, I worked a little bit on the kit.

I didn't like the weld seams from putty anymore, so I decided to make new ones from stretched sprue (AFV-Club sprues rock ), soften with universal thinner. The pattern was impressed with a broken X-Acto blade. Those thin and tiny weld lins might be a little undersized to hold together the Elefant's thick armor plates, but I won't change it one more time. Most of it won't be seen in the end, anyway. (Sorry for the lousy pics)

The completed gunbox in whole. I cleaned up the putty on the knock out marks (after that my fingers weren't able to use for an hour or so ^^). It's ready to recieve it's interior parts. But this will be done later.

Next was the driver's area once again. I leave the pictures here for themselves.

Everything put together. Note that the shiny stuff is not glue but dried thinner which I use for glueing. When dry, a shiny spot is all what's left.

Any idea how to put the ammo pouch on?

Thanks for looking,
Johannes.

Last edited by canjuaan; 08-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
vBench

Johannes, nice looking updates......your soldering is really clean and tight...nice.

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 AM
vBench

Great job on the weld seams one have to admire your attention to detail.

\Erik
Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 AM
vBench

Again I don't know how I missed this before . Looks great Johannes and a good future reference when I build this kit (got one un-opened on the pile ).
Coops

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
vBench

Great work always...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
vBench

Thanks to everyone again. Made just a little tonight.

This is the control thingie for the driver. I used Jaguar's part as base and put some sheet on it to enlarge it a bit. Right to it is the Verlinden counter-part which has the details on top but not on the side.
The modified Jaguar part is still missing some final details and again, of course, there needs to be some sanding

johannes

Last edited by canjuaan; 08-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
vBench

First, this goes out to Coops: Thank you very much for the link you've sent me via PM, I actually wanted answer you this way, too, but it seems like you don't want to receive messages this way Very very useful stuff, so thanks again.

Another update.

These two parts will later hold the cylindric part. The bolts were made by heating a stretched sprue and cutting off the through the heat resulting bulge.

... and put in place. Don't know if these parts were bolted on this way, but it looked nice, so I decided to go for it. If it's wrong, it doesn't matter. It won't be seen when done.

[img][/img]
The other side.

Dry-fitted. The styrene strip will later hold the control console.

The lifting hooks on the gun box have been applied. It's almost looking as in the factory, isn't it?

So long,
Johannes.

Last edited by canjuaan; 08-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Reply With Quote top