Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 AM
vBench

Lightbulb DML Marder III H "first look" review

Vinnie has a first look out on Armorama:

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?...ontent&id=2350
Old 01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
vBench

The wire basket in PE doesn't really capture the real look and it doesn't look like DML provided it in plastic.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:22 PM

I noticed the same.

The basket on the back is one of the significant features of the Marder III H and was welded from tubes on the original vehicle. It's impossible to show this with PE. A slidemolded basket would have been better. You could try to solder one from thin wire like T.Greenland once did. Or wait how Tristar solves this problem. I wonder why the reviewer called the basket superb (maybe he should have checked his references.)

greetings, Luki
Old 01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
vBench

Well, DML reviews on Armorama tend to come to the same conclusion every time. (LOL copy-paste from previous ones.)

I will vait until Marco gets the kit and shows it to us piece by piece.

Ziim Zzzzzz

Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
vBench

They should've done the basket in plastic......I hope Tristar do...Mr.Pat...if you're reading this

I love this particular SPG and never understood why Tamiya didn't do all three. In any case I will wait for PMMS to do a proper review on both kits before spending money.

One of my favourite models of all time

http://homepage3.nifty.com/AFV_model...marder3H01.htm

Andrew
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
vBench

Well, in the review he said he had better things to do than look through references to find anything wrong with it, probably a shot at the nitpickers and rivet counters, but if one is writing a review for a major modelling site, they should really check a few references...

Looks cool, but I think I'll wait for Tristar. But the Marder IIIH is a definite must have.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan August View Post

Looks cool, but I think I'll wait for Tristar. But the Marder IIIH is a definite must have.
my thoughts exactly
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hall View Post
They should've done the basket in plastic......I hope Tristar do...Mr.Pat...if you're reading this

I love this particular SPG and never understood why Tamiya didn't do all three. In any case I will wait for PMMS to do a proper review on both kits before spending money.

One of my favourite models of all time

http://homepage3.nifty.com/AFV_model...marder3H01.htm

Andrew
Andrew,

Muy damn bueno link .

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 AM

I too will wait for the TriStar Marder H to hit the market. I have much more confidence Mr. Pat will get it right!

Tristar is always my first choice!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:07 PM
vBench

There's no doubt in my mind, Tristar will give you the most accurate kit.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Closed Thread