Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Armor Art - Non-Model

Armor Art - Non-Model 2D, 3D (CGI) and BoxArt

Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
vBench

Hello,

Some news here:
The generators are almost finished, only some hatches and fasteners are missing.

Today I started to draw the cooling system:

The fuel engine would sit at the left edge of the image. Fans in the horizontal tubes blow air through oil- and water coolers (the boxes on the left side of the fan tubes just under the support bar). Louvers above the openings can be actuated with a bowden wire (the "T"-shaped part in the center). The vertical tube on the right is the exhaust pipe which will be connected to the exhaust manifold on the plate above when closed. How the exhaust tube is connected to the engine in detail is still a bit unclear to me.

But overall, this is a nice section to work on as the references are good.

Best regards,
Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to FlorinM
Pipe comes out of the back of the engine right in front of the bulkhead, under the radiators and then in the exhaust muffler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MAUS - exh.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	7566  
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 AM
vBench

Yes, but this way they collide with the ducts. I was wondering how this was solved.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM
vBench

Generators finished

I'm very proud to show you the final () renders of the generators:

an ortho side view:

A teaser with dummy hull surfaces:

All exterior details that I'm aware of are added now, excluding the air duct tails, but they will be drawn not before I know the space relations there. The drawings I'm working from are very unprecise in this area.
A lot of details are improvised, for example the hatches on the right side, but as there are no photos of this side, nobody can proof it's wrong .

I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures!

Best regards,
Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM
vBench

And we are moving on with the tracks:

The width of one track is 1100 mm, together they take almost 2/3 of the total width of the vehicle (3700 mm).

On the first picture you can see both variants of the track links, with and without holes. I hope that you don't find more details on the original links as they even now take much too much polygons for rendering...

Best regards,
Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2013, 08:52 AM

Hi, i'm realy impressed by the detail of u work. I tried to find on google references, but for the moment the blueprints show different version, and the picture are not precise, for exemple for all the tracks system, it's impossible to find full reference for creat them :/. Are u ready to share the picture reference ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 PM
vBench

Hello,

Raoulos: Thanks! It's hard work to find the references. There are some good pictures of Kubinka in the internet, but for most drawings you need to buy books. My two favourites are:

-"Kampfpanzer Maus", Michael Fröhlich, Motorbuch Verlag, 2013 (german)
-"Panzerkampfwagen Maus", Igor Zheltov and Yuri Pasholok, Tactical press, 2012 (russian)

The first one has a lot of great photos in big format and best print quality and a lot of original drawings, as well as the complete remaining operations manual.

The second has a lot of photos, too, but a bit small. But it also has some russian reconstruction drawings of the vehicle.

Both are worth to have if you are interested in this tank.

stora22 pointed out, that the tracks were not really accurate, so I had to redraw them. Here is the final result:

Best regards,
Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
vBench

Road wheel suspension reworked

Hello,

I got new information about the road wheel suspension some weeks ago which showed that my estimates of the top view were not fully correct but off by about 5 mm in some areas. I decided to redraw the respective parts. This cost me a lot of motivation, so it took a bit longer. But nevertheless, here are the final renders:

Best regards,
Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 AM
vBench

Now I'm working on the drive wheel. It's done to 90%.

Thorsten
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM
vBench

The drive wheel assembly is finished:

Thorsten
Reply With Quote top