Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 AM
vBench

Still look very good - i love to follow your post
Can we know what kind of knife or tools you use for tiny parts such as the visor ports ?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 AM
vBench

Great detailing!
Jan
Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Dave,

That's some very nice scratch building of reallly small pieces.
Fun stuff to watch.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Last edited by Larry Bates; 01-06-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:20 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to David Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Still look very good - i love to follow your post
Can we know what kind of knife or tools you use for tiny parts such as the visor ports ?
Thanks Stryker!
Well, I really don’t use anything special. Usually my tools consist of an X-acto # 11 knife, a drill bits set, a steel ruler, some files, plastic cement…. Oh and a big, big, huge, can of patience. Those vision ports took two hours a piece to build.

Hello everyone!

I tried to do as much work as I could today (only one vacation day left ) I continued working on the details of the lower hull. I made the RTO’s machinegun mount using an old Italieri MG 34 and some plastic bits.

Here is a view from above. This is what you will see when you look through the hatch.

The rest of the day was spent in the driver’s and RTO’s positions. Here is the driver’s position with the chair, the pedals and the control levers. I also added the brake drums. Now I am not too happy with these. I copied the ones from the VP set. First the resin I have right now is not as good for fine details so the parts had a lot of bubbles. Second I really don’t think the VPs kit is much accurate as far as the position of the brake drums, I think they should be positioned more forward than this. But the pictures I have of this area of the Pz IV are not that good, and most are taken from behind the drivers seat which makes difficult to judge the distance.

I also added the drivers control panel.

I think I am not going to worry too much, after all you won’t be able to see all the way to the brake drums when taking a quick glance down the hatch anyways.

I then glued the RTO’s seat in place and added the wiring, and the boxes that are attached to the side of the hull. I also added the back rest.

Here is a view from the driver’s side.

Here is a view of the interior so far.

That’s all for today. It all amounted to a long day of modeling.

See you all tomorrow. Take care.

Model On!!

Dave

SCOUTS OUT!

"To know, that is Wisdom.
To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=173
(Click to visit my v-Bench)
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
vBench

The interior looks great! That cat sure is tired looking! Then again, isn't that their perpetual state of existance?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmmann View Post
Thanks Stryker!
Oh and a big, big, huge, can of patience.

Dave

Yes, every time I'm at the grocery, I stock up with a 12 pack!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamigawa View Post
The interior looks great! That cat sure is tired looking! Then again, isn't that their perpetual state of existance?
That’s true for him, well until he gets a chance to get into the bits box.

SCOUTS OUT!

To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

Old 01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
vBench

David

You are doing a great job on this old kit and very nice temple I have the VP interior kit as well and as you found out,it's a sub-par product given that it's was released recently.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
David

You are doing a great job on this old kit and very nice temple I have the VP interior kit as well and as you found out,it's a sub-par product given that it's was released recently.

Lawrence
Thanks Lawrence

I was a bit disappointed with the accuracy. But in the end it won’t be that visible.

Hello everyone!

Holliday vacations are over I will be working out of town on a six month project starting Monday and I wont be able to post as often. But don’t worry I will take the Panzer IV with me. I will not have access to the internet where I will be staying, so y’all have to wait until the weekend to see how much damage I have done to the kit.

Anyways, I didn’t do much modeling today as I spend all day packing. I even manage to prepare the good old portable modeling station.

The only thing I did on the tank was finish the ammo stowage box that goes behind the driver.

I also put together the figures. The ICM figures are very good. They fit nicely and I didn’t have any problems with them. The only thing is that the set I used has 4 figures and the crew for a Pz IV is 5. So transfer a Dragon figure (the one in the far left) to this tank. Here are four of them posing in front of the temple. The fifth one is the one who took the photograph

I do have some doubts about this kit. According to the kit, these figures fit the timeframe of 1941-1942. Now all the references I have found suggest that the Black Panzer Field Cap (Einheitsfeldmütze) was not issued to Panzer crews until 1943.

Does this mean the kit is wrong? I didn’t glued the hats on just in case. Can anybody shed some light on this? I would greatly appreciate the help.

I guess that’s all until next weekend.

Take care everyone

Dave

SCOUTS OUT!

To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 AM
vBench

The figures by ICM are very good indeed, they have also been released under the Revell banner in Europe and also by Allanger.
I've used them on a dio featuring tamiya's old KV1, but have changed the heads to get rid of the cap (and the resinheads where a bit better imho)

I realy like the progress you've made so far! can't wait to see the fully build diorama!
Jan