Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 AM
GoodCat GoodCat is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Academy 1/35 M50A1 Ontos

Hi all,

Here is my first model in Vbench.
Since i was not familiar with modern vehicles i did not make a good research before getting this model to bench. Since i am a little bit tall (196 cm ) it is a real pain in the neck to work with so many tiny parts...
Anyway it is going to be finished in anyhow...
First lower hull and wheels...


Working on upper hull


Upper and lower hulls together temprorarily



More on upper hull


Shot at 2012-01-31

I was surprised when i noticed that mechanism holding rifles is not moveable. And some pieces are very hard to recognize where to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160209_004626 - Copy.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	9191  

Last edited by GoodCat; 02-15-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 AM
GoodCat GoodCat is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Working on rifles..



This is another hard part of the model since parts do not have clear joint points. And when you do not attach them properly they do not align and cause problem during the construction of last pieces...If it is in budget limits metal rifles option should be considered
Reply With Quote top
Users like GoodCat's post!
  #3  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Hertsog Hertsog is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tartu, Estonia
Posts: 81
Quote:
Since i am a little bit tall (196 cm ) it is a real pain in the neck to work with so many tiny parts...
raise the table (work bench) height. it is just matter of ergonomics...
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 AM
GoodCat GoodCat is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertsog View Post
raise the table (work bench) height. it is just matter of ergonomics...
Dear Hertsog,

Matter is not ergonomics. Probably i could not make myself clear enough. Matter is either i need to decrease size of my hands and fingers or increase size of the pieces of the model
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Hertsog Hertsog is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tartu, Estonia
Posts: 81
ok, i went with neck pain
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 AM
alexwencho's Avatar
alexwencho alexwencho is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: south Texas, USA
Posts: 2,736
Thank you for the vBench start.

Looking great already.

Please keep planetarmor posted on the progress of your Ontos build.

AWD
__________________


my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:38 AM
GoodCat GoodCat is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Thank you Alex...
Reply With Quote top
Users like GoodCat's post!
  #8  
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
BBD468's Avatar
BBD468 BBD468 is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mckinney Texas
Posts: 292
That is a very cool subject. i will be following. looking forward to see this come together.

Gary
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
GoodCat GoodCat is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD468 View Post
That is a very cool subject. i will be following. looking forward to see this come together.

Gary
Thank you Gary. I hope i can finish in a good way...
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
alexwencho's Avatar
alexwencho alexwencho is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: south Texas, USA
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCat View Post
Hi all,

Here is my first model in Vbench.
Since i was not familiar with modern vehicles i did not make a good research before getting this model to bench. Since i am a little bit tall (196 cm ) it is a real pain in the neck to work with so many tiny parts...
Anyway it is going to be finished in anyhow...
First lower hull and wheels...


Working on upper hull


Upper and lower hulls together temprorarily



More on upper hull


Shot at 2012-01-31

I was surprised when i noticed that mechanism holding rifles is not moveable. And some pieces are very hard to recognize where to go.
****** Please leave the thumbnail photo in the first post so that it will appear in the front page and on the vBench Forum page. ******

Thank you for your cooperation.

AWD
__________________


my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F8F Bearcat 1/48 Academy Adam Obrębski Photos: In-progress Blogs 2 07-25-2010 12:33 AM
Academy M50A1 Ontos for March US release sharkmouth Your important news and kit reviews. 1 01-29-2010 10:20 AM
WTTF an Academy M36 modelguy2 Market 0 01-23-2007 01:54 PM
Academy M-36 Larry Bates Photos: In-progress Blogs 27 10-29-2005 12:15 PM
ACADEMY STUART tone Allied: World War II 1 04-12-2004 10:57 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Advertise with Us

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
planetArmor