Old 08-18-2004, 09:40 PM
vBench

[COLOR=gray]Hi Guys,
I just picked up Tamiya's JGSDF LAV & in the instructions mention is made of the vehicle being armed with a 5.56mm Minimi machine gun or a Type 01 Light Anti-Tank Guided Missile launcher.The kit only provides the machine gun, so can anyone provide me with some pics of the Type 01 Light A.T. Guided Missile Launcher.Thanks for any help.

best regards :lol:
Joey Dorsey
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2004, 03:20 PM
johnbrewer

any chance of a quick review of what is in the box?. i am more of a figure painter but I do like the look of this one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
vBench

Hi John,
Here is a short in-box review. The kit comprises 152 parts in olive-drab plastic, plus a further 16 parts molded in clear plastic for ,headlights & taillights,etc.... The lower hull come as a single die-cast piece, in my opinion i think the reasoning behind this is,Tamiya will probably release this kit as a remote-controlled version & the weighted lower hull will keep the vehicle from flipping over during turns.The upper hull is molded as a one piece item, there are some shallow ejector pin marks on the underside of the roof,but they should pose no problem to remove.The interior is very well detailed with a full width dashboard & they have also included gas & brake pedals,(something that Tamiya didn't provide in their recent HUMVEES.You also havr 4 very nice hollow vinyl tires with excellant tread detail.You have a few options in the kit, you can build a vehicle with extra armor around the gunners position on top of the vehicle, you also have the option of smoke dischargers.You can also build a standard vehicle without the extra armor & smoke dischargers.

I only have 2 complaints with this kit & they are minor,

(1) Tamiya only provides the MINIMI 5.56 Machine Gun as armament, mention is made in the instructions that a Type 01 Light Anti-Tank Guided Missile can be fitted in place of the machine gun,but none is provided!

(2) Marking are only provided for JGSDF vehicles stationed in Iraq

Below are a couple of links to more detailed reviews,

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/revi...ya/tam35275.htm

http://vodnik.net/index.htm

I will try & post some pics of the kit,when i finish it.

regards
Joey Dorsey
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2004, 03:15 PM
johnbrewer

Hi Joey, thank you for takin the time to do a quick review for me and the links as well. I would love to see some pics of the project. Would be interesting to see who brings out the brass for this one. I may still be tempted to purchase
Reply With Quote top