Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Hello Guys

Well - I have to make my first post here, and introduce me, so I will do so.
Just got back to the hobby after a 12 years break, and gosh a lot has happened since then.
There are so many "new"(for me) kits and manufactors out there, new technics with new products and a whole new world of acrylic paint.

When I started building armor again, I was sure i should usemy 100+ tins of Humbrol enamel, that was in my attic.

But soon I started to see the benefits off the acrylic paint. So I bought a new airbrush, a spraybooth and some basic Vallejo colours.
Now I can have my airbrush right next to my building table - without a big fan to take away the fumes - without having to spend an hour cleaning the airbrush, and the best part, it dries so fast

However, it is not all sunshine, I have a lot to learn, and relearn, but I love it.

Rigth now I am working on a couple of old (inexpensive) sets, to learn all the new stuff.
Some off them are really bad, like the Omega K Ural 4320 Truck, but I just build the out of the box, well sort off, and then use them to get used to acrylic paint, preshading, wash over gloss coat and a lot more.

So - You guys will probably get a lot questions from me about my new modelling world.

Talk to you soon.

Peter
Reply With Quote top
Users like Juel's post!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Welcome to planetarmor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juel View Post
Well - I have to make my first post here, and introduce me, so I will do so.
Just got back to the hobby after a 12 years break, and gosh a lot has happened since then.
There are so many "new"(for me) kits and manufactors out there, new technics with new products and a whole new world of acrylic paint.

When I started building armor again, I was sure i should usemy 100+ tins of Humbrol enamel, that was in my attic.

But soon I started to see the benefits off the acrylic paint. So I bought a new airbrush, a spraybooth and some basic Vallejo colours.
Now I can have my airbrush right next to my building table - without a big fan to take away the fumes - without having to spend an hour cleaning the airbrush, and the best part, it dries so fast

However, it is not all sunshine, I have a lot to learn, and relearn, but I love it.

Rigth now I am working on a couple of old (inexpensive) sets, to learn all the new stuff.
Some off them are really bad, like the Omega K Ural 4320 Truck, but I just build the out of the box, well sort off, and then use them to get used to acrylic paint, preshading, wash over gloss coat and a lot more.

So - You guys will probably get a lot questions from me about my new modelling world.

Talk to you soon.

Peter
Welcome to planetarmor and thank you for your first visit to planetarmor.

Thank you also for your background story being interested in the hobby.

Looking forward to seeing what you will share here in planetarmor.

Thanks.

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top