Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
vBench

Master Box releases.

Take a look on their homepage for upcoming products.
http://www.mbltd.info/proces.htm

So brilliant. They are becoming my favourite WWII figure manufacturer. For those not familiar with the brand check their older sets as well.

Cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2007, 09:57 PM

Their kits are covering ground not previously covered. I've got their "Checkpoint." Refreshingly different!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Most interesting Janne. I think this really starts the imagination for dioramas e.t.c. The only drawback is that I have heard the quality is not the best. On the other hand perhaps it just leaves some room for update them with new heads and so on?!
Thanks for posting the link. I really liked the "Stuka inbound" and the evacuation Stalingrad theam!
Cheers!
Ebbe

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 AM
vBench

I'm interested for their Kfz.2 vehicle...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 09:40 AM
vBench

With the exception of the earliest sets I find the quality good. Almost up to Dragon standard at best. But usually a tad bit lower in details.

Cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
They are certainly better than any Italeri, most Tamiya, and are equaled by MiniArt. The artist is just as good as Ron Volstad (in my not so humble opinion). Dragon figures are still better but, if Dragon were to offer their Gen2 equipment and arms separately as they did the QuarterMaster Series, I would prefer Masterbox over Dragon figures. A little tweaking of the folds and wrinkles and they are the most original sets I find.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
vBench

Agree. It would be great to buy all the gear, weapons and ammo as an other set. But dragon does give you some extra stuff with those figures so you always get some left after building dragon figures.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 03:15 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
The artist is just as good as Ron Volstad (in my not so humble opinion).
I like them better than Mr. Volstad's. But that is just my opinion. More depth and better colors. But I also think they are two different styles.

Roy
Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Vbench

Volstad-bashing is not allowed! LOL!

I know Ron personally, and have for many years. About 35 years ago, I was the editor of our IPMS newsletter in Edmonton, Alberta. ("Newsletter" is being generous — it was four photocopied sheets of paper.) One day, a friend of mine brought this tall, bearded hippie-type to a meeting, and it was Ron. He told us how he loved to draw, showed us some sketches, and some miniatures. (He is a master figure modeller, then as well as now.) In any case, I persuaded him to let me include some of his sketches in the next issue of our newsletter, which was called The Bulletin. I can therefore claim the honour of being the first to publish a Ron Volstad drawing! (blush!)

LOL! Seriously, Ron is one of the handful of people I know who have taken the hobby he loves and made a living from it. I can attest that there were many lean years, but he has done very well and today has the recognition he deserves. It did not come easy.

And I do like the MasterBox figures, as well as those from MiniArt and some of the products we see now coming from Russia and the Ukraine. They have come a long way since the Ogonek T-34!

Cheers
Scott Fraser
Calgary, Alberta
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
They have come a long way since the Ogonek T-34!
Ahhh, Ogonek, Aeroplast, Tonda-Vac... Those were the days when modelers were MODELERS and one showed the Xacto knife cuts with pride.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top