Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM
vBench

More great artwork from Volstad

This time a Panzer III
http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlus...p?pid=DRA6394#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_DRA6394.jpg
Views:	5245
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1362  

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 AM

Cool You know what ....

Dragon would make a ton of money if they published a book of Volstad artwork i would buy one for sure also if they offered prints of Rons work would be cool my 2 cents

Work smart not hard!

Doug Kinder
AMPS East Tennessee Chapter
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Doug,

They have published his artwork in a Concord book. As a matter of fact, some of the newer figure sets are based on the book which made some people believe the figures were in Dragon's catalog for a long time but were never released! See the figure set with the Polish prisoner which appeared in the book a while ago.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 12:53 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
Doug,

They have published his artwork in a Concord book. As a matter of fact, some of the newer figure sets are based on the book which made some people believe the figures were in Dragon's catalog for a long time but were never released! See the figure set with the Polish prisoner which appeared in the book a while ago.

Regards,
Hi Saul
I think maybe he is asking for a complete volume with all of Ron's work, Panzer, figure etc. I often have asked him about this, and have mentioned it to Dragon as well. I really wish they would make a book with all the boxtop artwork,(not just Ron's either), that they have published and used.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:36 PM
vBench

I love Ron's boxarts and I will definitely buy a book on his artwork if it ever makes it to the shelves.

LQ

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
vBench

Yea I agree,I would love to have a book of his work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
vBench

I believe that Ron's Armor artwork is tops and his figures are the best Dragon has put out. With that said I feel IMHO that the best figure box art out there is that done by A. Karaschuk. If you haven't seen his stuff just look at some of the newer MB and Mini-art figure kits and you will see what I mean (especially the MB kits). Much more detail, depth and animation than Ron's. Just my opinion.

Roy

Last edited by schlichtr; 06-29-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: just added some text.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 PM

You have hit it on the head ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
Hi Saul
I think maybe he is asking for a complete volume with all of Ron's work, Panzer, figure etc. I often have asked him about this, and have mentioned it to Dragon as well. I really wish they would make a book with all the boxtop artwork,(not just Ron's either), that they have published and used.
YOU ARE CORRECT!James that's what i was refering to not to take away from your work of wich i'm a fan of but i have been a fan of Ron's since the Squadron in action books and if i was a exec at Dragon i would publish a book instant money maker and a excellent referance and inspiration.

Work smart not hard!

Doug Kinder
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 PM

His work to is good ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlichtr View Post
I believe that Ron's Armor artwork is tops and his figures are the best Dragon has put out. With that said I feel IMHO that the best figure box art out there is that done by A. Karaschuk. If you haven't seen his stuff just look at some of the newer MB and Mini-art figure kits and you will see what I mean (especially the MB kits). Much more detail, depth and animation than Ron's. Just my opinion.

Roy
I'm becoming a fan of that guy's also

Work smart not hard!

Doug Kinder
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 11:04 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
I'd also buy a book of Ron's artwork. He is very good. The other guy Karashuck is also one of my favorites.

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top