Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

W.I.P. Sd.Kfz. 265 kleine Panzerbefehlswagen

I bought this jus' recently from my LHS cheaply, and as a bonus the kit comes with two figures!

The plates runnin' alongside the hull are already moulded onto the hull, and Dragon have supplied a 'correction sheet' and a seperate sprue of PE containin' two long strips that run down the edges of the fender plates, along with some very tiny bolt details.

After fittin' these parts, they came up a little too short so I cut to size some pieces of very thin styrene sheet, and added them to the areas that needed attention. I'll fill the small join with some liquid putty, although I reckon paint would be better 'cos there is no gap. Jus' need to make it look like it grew there, is all!

The turret went together well but the top plate did need a lot of sandin' underneath to make it fit flush, and not look like its raised and jus' hoverin' there. The weld seams are beautiful, and all the joins have been filled with liquid putty applied with a very thin brush and a steady hand. As a result there was no need to sand it back, the putty jus' becomes a part of the weld line.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 AM
vBench

Nice choice Paul. i love this Pzs I!

Best Regards,
Cadu Souza
Feel us shift, every move we trace
Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Luck. Runs!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 AM
vBench

I am too building this kit. Its a kit that I work on only on Friday nights at our local get together. Mine is the older version without the corrections. Did yours have the corrected rear idler? I noticed you asked about an AM one earlier. Watching this build intently.

Roy
Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
vBench

Is this the mystery project? I hope this one ends better thanm the Smart Kit. It seems to be starting off well.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:20 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks guys!

Roy, this is the old one without the corrections, same as yours! I cannot believe that your buildin' the same one too.
It was the same with Dan, he was buildin' the PzIA smart kit at the same time as me also. Only he has nearly finished his.

I'm not lettin' this one leave the factory without the proper idlers!

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
vBench

Paul

I always wanted to build this kit ever since I saw the old Italeri kit many many years ago. Then it went out of production. When DML released this kit, I never got around to it as they are too many kits nowadays. I will definitely follow this build with interest. Are you building a Polish campaign vehicle?

BTW, I have quite a number of spare Tristar Pz IA roadwheel sets (from the original Pz Is - not the retooled ones). You can have them if you want.

Also, I can help you get the LionMarc idlers the next time I pop into the LHS if you want.

Leo Lee of LionMarc has a vBench on PA but he's not updated for a long time.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lawrence, thats kind of ya'! You guys are great, Roy has been willin' to help me with a set of idlers too.
I'm buildin' the 2 series with the cupola hatch, at least I think I am anyway! I need to know about the hull rear, whether this version had the smoke rack or not, I think it only applies to the 3 series, i'm not sure. The kit has two rear hull plates to choose from, and I don't wanna' get caught out with this one. Cheers Lawrence.

Last edited by paulyrichard; 12-21-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 05:21 PM
panamadan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyrichard View Post
Thanks guys!

Roy, this is the old one without the corrections, same as yours! I cannot believe that your buildin' the same one too.
It was the same with Dan, he was buildin' the PzIA smart kit at the same time as me also. Only he has nearly finished his.

I'm not lettin' this one leave the factory without the proper idlers!
Dan hasn't touched his in about two weeks! Need to get some paint on it ASAP! Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM
vBench

I have this kit and I was going to start it soon. I will be looking at this build with great interest. Keep going with it!

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 PM
vBench

Paul,
I mentioned the corrected kit because you mentioned PE parts to upgrade the fender sides. My kit did not contain any of these PE parts. I bought this kit when it first came out. As for the rear end, that depends on wether you want the smoke dischargers or not. They were back fitted to them starting in 1937 so I am sure there were 2 series ones that had them. Like I've said before no one is going to be able to prove you wrong if you use them. I like the look with them on and will be using them on mine.

Roy