Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 AM
vBench

This can't be true, can it?

Lurkers everywhere

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 01:22 AM
vBench

I think it can James. Even here, the "Guests" outnumber the members most days. They like to watch........

Sheeds.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 AM
vBench

Agree with Sheeds. If you look at Who's Online, you always see more Guests. Don't know how many of them are members with invisible mode turned on though.

On one of my vBench, I noticed it was getting 150-200 view daily for a couple of weeks and the most members online (for this new site) is 52.
Then multiply that with the number of threads here, we are looking at some big numbers albeit it's a rough estimate. vBench posts from yourself, Sam, Sheeds, John, Marco, Larry, Stuke and the other masters will draw more views.

The high number of views exceeding the number of members online show that there are a significant number of non-members who frequent PA.

Gordy
Are there some stats somewhere about number of guests and frequency?

James
Maybe some new features like new forums, gallery, competitions etc can help convert the Guests to Contributors.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 02:02 AM
vBench

Nothing would surprise me about the lurkers!

Mind you, I feel like a bit of a lurker these days, ive not contributed a whole lot lately.

Sam
Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
Agree with Sheeds. If you look at Who's Online, you always see more Guests. Don't know how many of them are members with invisible mode turned on though.
I'm a member, however I'm sure that my presence is reflected in the "guests" count. I'm pretty confident that if you don't log-in, then you appear as a "guest." So maybe the counts aren't as skewed as you guys first thought.

Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Well this is comon for every site I think. People that just surf in, got a tip from someone that might be member here e.t.c. I sometimes goes in as guest becouse I visit this site sometimes from another computor at work, school or at someone els house. Thought contribue in forums...I seldom do. But is this a problem or is it a sign that the site might be popular?
Cheers!
Ebbe
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Sam: You allways contribue ;O)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 07:49 AM
vBench

I was "lurking" until I read this. Same scenario as djohannsen more or less. I have an account, sure, but I don't log in while I'm reading threads unless I have something to say. Every site has their regulars who contribute daily then there are the rest... like me.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post

On one of my vBench, I noticed it was getting 150-200 view daily for a couple of weeks and the most members online (for this new site) is 52.
Then multiply that with the number of threads here, we are looking at some big numbers albeit it's a rough estimate. vBench posts from yourself, Sam, Sheeds, John, Marco, Larry, Stuke and the other masters will draw more views.

The high number of views exceeding the number of members online show that there are a significant number of non-members who frequent PA.

Gordy
Are there some stats somewhere about number of guests and frequency?

James
Maybe some new features like new forums, gallery, competitions etc can help convert the Guests to Contributors.

Lawrence
I don't think we are worried about growing the membership. Build it and they will come. Nor would I hope we get involved in the competitions thing. I don't have time for that. This site is meant for people who actually build models to post images and text about their work. In my opinion there are enough forums already. I like to keep things simple and I think we may have too many different "forum" categories as it is. Have you looked at Armorama lately- now that site has every category in the world and well, not the direction for pA I would hope. And contests? (I'm shaking my head here...)

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
vBench

Oh OK, that's cool

I misunderstood and thought that there were not enough members. The end of the link gave suggestions on how to get the lurkers to become contibutors.

I hear what you say about Armorama. Theres too much stuff on the screen that I get lost.

PA is a great little community, everybody's helpful and friendly and there's no silly fights that is often seen on other forums.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top