Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM
vBench

trumpetter 1126 plus

I just left the hobby shop and i am disapionted a new kit release of the 1126 from the hornboys with a yellow sticker stating " ADDED MATERIAL". the shop owner refused to allow inspection or inventory of kit so I walked. did they fix that weapon station or is it another fix up? inspection cost 44.95 can +tax
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM

No offense, but I wouldn't allow a customer to take the plastic off of a kit unless they were going to buy it either.

I get some kits that are not sealed, but that is the way they come from the supplier. But anything that is sealed, unless you are buying it, you aren't unwrapping it.

Even kits I want to take a look at, that a customer may ask to put aside for them.....I will ask them if it is alright to unwrap it, or ask them to unwrap it so it can be looked at.

Some people are funny that way.

As far as the shop owner, he probably knows, as I do, that he would have less of a chance to sell that kit for his asking price if the wrapping is taken off, rather than leaving it as it.

As far as new added material.....I couldn't tell you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
vBench

1126 kit correction trup.

kit direction correction looks like better tires full crew tow bars and some printed media pop and water and rations new coulor guide added and improved weapons stations and web strapping material . we now have an agreement on kit inspection and a small discount for perchase of pre inspected kits important today as most kits are great some have missing pars try to get replaced after u buy very difficault but hobbyshop can get u replacement very quickly through the distributor. coustomer returns kit because of missing parts or damage thats consumer law in canada.

Last edited by majorchuck; 05-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 05:31 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorchuck View Post
kit direction correction looks like better tires full crew tow bars and some printed media pop and water and rations new coulor guide added and improved weapons stations and web strapping material.
Did you buy the kit in the end, I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like you did . How did it go together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorchuck View Post
we now have an agreement on kit inspection and a small discount for perchase of pre inspected kits ............
Do you now get a pre-inspection and a discount for looking? Sounds like a good deal [almost a scam ] and one I should try on my LHS before they wake up to it .

Scenario,
customer...... "let me inspect this kit"
shop keeper.. "why?"
customer...... "it could be damaged or have parts missing"
shop keeper.. "sound fair to me"
customer...... "mmmm. looks good"
shop keeper.. "so do you want to buy the kit?"
customer...... "only if you give me a discount on it"
shop keeper.. "what for?"
customer...... "well it's been opened, could be something damaged or missing"
shop keeper.. "you just opened it and found nothing wrong with it!!"
customer...... "yeah but the next person that comes along will get a discount because the kit looks like a defective return without the original wrapping on it. You'll have to give them a discount, why not me?"
shop keeper.. "God give me strength to make it through this day!"

Sounds like a good skit by Monty Python .

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
vBench

dear Coops the discount i recived concerns other kits that have bein inventoried in the store for instance the MGS stryker was opened by the shop owner and another coustomer who did not perchase but i did at no discount because the kit was good and i was there at the time however i have perchased tamiya and revell that were opened and was given a dicount becuse the kits proved to be less than expected. when u spend 1000-1500 yearly it pays to buy off someone who knows the bizz. When I order a kit and it arrives I insist on inventory before leaving incase of glarring mold issuse. the kit is still paid for but continuing bizz dependes on after sale service.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
vBench

yes I Perchased the kit and it is improved
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM
vBench

kit avail. this week in canada just arrived from rome and my arms are tired
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
vBench

ON a diferent note but same customer servise isssue that sep kit i was looking for came in last kit in ontario a biding war insude today on my way to pick up that dragon dish Two coustomers were out bidding eachother for that m1a2 sep. bids were at 67.oo when I walked in the sale went to me at 55.95 can. and at that time i perchased the 1126 and inventoried it in the store The two fellows were eyes a glaire and orderd one each then and there.
Reply With Quote top