Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tainton View Post
I wonder about these resin radios we see with the grab handle already cast- perhaps a better way would be to have the two holes to hold some wire bent to that shape cast into the resin? Let the modeller add the handle?
Definitely, yes ! these handles look ugly don't they ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Hey, guys, just to let you know, I am not as happy with the radio set as I want to be either. Remembr, what you see in these pictures are test castings - NOT the finished pieces. In this case, I had to get something in there the right size so I could keep building the master and not get bogged down over one piece. I think the finished radios will make everyone happy. HOWEVER, as for the instrument panel, it will probably stay tha way. IF (stress the if part), IF I can get them done in time, there will e a small decal sheet in this kit, and the instrument panel was designed with that in mind. Compromises, chaps, compromises ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black3Actual View Post
Hey, guys, just to let you know, I am not as happy with the radio set as I want to be either. Remembr, what you see in these pictures are test castings - NOT the finished pieces. In this case, I had to get something in there the right size so I could keep building the master and not get bogged down over one piece. I think the finished radios will make everyone happy. HOWEVER, as for the instrument panel, it will probably stay tha way. IF (stress the if part), IF I can get them done in time, there will e a small decal sheet in this kit, and the instrument panel was designed with that in mind. Compromises, chaps, compromises ;-)
Hi Joe- thanks for the update- Having cast some things in rubber and resin myself I know there are limits to how things can be done. The thin bar that is used to represent the radio handle is a very common short cut that I have seen on many products- not just this test item here. Totally understandable. I was not really criticizing just offering a suggestion that may simplify this for both you and the modeller. I for one will be definitely purchasing one of these items.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP

Last edited by James Tainton; 01-10-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tainton View Post
Hi Joe- thanks for the update- Having cast some things in rubber and resin myself I know there are limits to how things can be done. The thin bar that is used to represent the radio handle is a very common short cut that I have seen on many products- not just this test item here. Totally understandable. I was not really criticizing just offering a suggestion that may simplify I for one will be definitely purchasing one of these items.

James, it's no worries. Like I said, the radio in those pics is NOT what I consider TMD quality. Again, I had to get something in there so I could keep building the master. When it is finaly finished, the radio set will look much better and will have all the jumpers and leads cast in place like an operational radio. All you guy will have to do is wire it up (and we will even include the lead solder in our kit ;-))

And thanks for the ideas, this is why I released these pics. I would rather hear from al of you now while I can still tweak the masters rather than later.

--Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
vBench

More pics from Saul. Note:TMD has plans for several variants of the Bergepanther including the Ausf. G.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
vBench

SWEET!
Jan