Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:46 PM
vBench

Review of the Cyber Hobby update set is now available on PMMS

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.co...by/chc3837.htm

3/10 must be one of the lowest scores ever and well deserved.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
vBench

Let's see what Blogger idiot says about this?
Old 03-11-2007, 05:59 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamigawa View Post
Let's see what Blogger idiot says about this?
most probaly something like "mr foster cannot stand that the dml technicians do a perfect job and tries to take revenge ..." or another inappropiate parable ... that blogger's nothing but a hot wind machine ...

keep up the good work terry all modellers highly appreciate your great efforts! keep a stiff upper lip and carry on!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM

I should kick myself for not waiting for the Tristar kit ...even pre-ordered that worthless update set...stupid stupid stupid!!! Will I ever learn ! Oh well I'll find someone to take it off my hands or might just build it for the heck of it .I'm sure it'll look like a marder ....won't it?LOL

Rick
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
vBench

maybe....lol

Welcome to PA.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
vBench

Vinny Branigan gives every Dragon kit a 98%....

Why do think the site is called Dragonarama? Honestly, some of the Dragon kits are so nice like the 234 series but some others have glaring errors and Branigan still gives them 98%. Then again, he claimed Kursk Panthers had zimmerit.....
Old 03-14-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Alvear View Post
Why do think the site is called Dragonarama? Honestly, some of the Dragon kits are so nice like the 234 series but some others have glaring errors and Branigan still gives them 98%. Then again, he claimed Kursk Panthers had zimmerit.....
That was really a cheap shot

The community isn't really big enough (and getting smaller by the days) to be fighting each other instead of constructive discussions.

And your "statement" isn't true either. Vinnie has given several DML kits 80% on Amorama - see for yourself Reviews . Unlike you (and others), he actually looks at the kit and not the brand before casting judgement. Of course there has been a few "brain farts", but that is only human. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Haven't you ever made a mistake in your life ? I know I have.

Finally he is no longer with Armorama, so please don't link them together
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
vBench

Here is Armorama's review of the DML Marder III H and it scored 98%
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?...ontent&id=2350

Is it really that good? Where did it lose the 2% to make it a perfect kit?

They say photos say a thousand words and I will just let these photos do the talking.

And I haven't even addressed the rear basket, lower chassis, gun, suspension.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM

It's not my job to defend either Vinnie nor Armorama.

However, there is obviously some misunderstanding here. The review is an "inbox review" - meaning just that: They review what's in the box. Nice sprues, some PE, nicely printed decals etc....

Nobody is claiming to have build the thing - nor have counted every single rivet (like some obviously have )

Here's the conclution:

Quote:
I could have poured over reference books for six hours when writing this, in an attempt to find something, anything, wrong with it. Quite frankly though, I don't do that. I've better things to do... like build it. I've started this one and will be publishing regular updates on my progress, so keep an eye out For now... enjoy the pictures of what's in the box, it's a great kit, and if there is anything wrong with it, then it's so small it makes no difference to me... I'll still build it, and enjoy it! Recommended!
I also did not say giving it 98% was right - maybe it is, maybe it isn't - I said that he did not give all DML kits 98%, as postulated, and I take offense in the (badly) hidden insults thrown in for good meassure

Quote:
Vinny Branigan gives every Dragon kit a 98%....
Well, that's just plain not true - and everybody who bothered to check it, could find that out in 3 minuts. That's my only point - if you are going to insult people, at least have your facts straight.

Last edited by Tordenskiold; 03-14-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
vBench

Quote:
It's not my job to defend either Vinnie nor Armorama.
Then why bother? Yes you are right that Vinnie no longer is the editor at Armorama, but if you take more than 3 minutes as you said to look at his reviews he rarely, if ever, will say anything bad about a Dragon kit, much less mention any inaccuracies.
Quote:
However, there is obviously some misunderstanding here. The review is an "inbox review" - meaning just that: They review what's in the box. Nice sprues, some PE, nicely printed decals etc....
Then why do others, even on Armorama, point out inaccuracies when doing "inbox reviews". Again, surf the modeling sites for more than three minutes, PMMS does "inbox" reviews as well as Frank D. on ML, they both try to point out inaccuracies and potential problem areas.

I think the point Jorge was trying to make was that if you're going to do reviews on a well known site for all to read, maybe you should take it a little more seriously and know what you're talking about. Instead of just giving the kit a good rating because it has a lot of shiny bits and pieces in the box.

Quote:
Nobody is claiming to have build the thing - nor have counted every single rivet (like some obviously have)
You were talking about insulting people??

Oh and by the way, last time I checked reviews were done for anyone who wants to read them, even the rivet counters. Who, if it wasn't for them we probably wouldn't have the large crop of very nice kits that have been and still are coming out these days. Ok, I'm done. Enough time has been wasted on "Mr." Brannigan already.

Regards,
Mike