Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
vBench

I was planning on picking up one of the limited edition Tristar Pz. I kits, it will be interesting to see how this one stacks up to the Tristar kit.

Mike
Old 08-20-2006, 08:41 PM
vBench

I bought Dragons flak version a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed with a cursory glace. I would like to do a photographic comparison between Tristar and Dragon (I also bought the Tristar Flak version last week)but have so little time because of other side projects :lol:
I'll be getting one of these when they become available. I have a real passion for the Krupp sports car for some reason....and all early Panzers for that matter. Panthers are okay but I want to start at the beginning....

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 PM
vBench

James

Looking forward to the comparison I have held off buying either one. One thing I heard was that the front PE armor supplied in the DML kits is incorrect. It seems that the top part should be at a different angle than the bottom part (should be more vertical).

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
vBench

Quote:
Hi all!

Dragon new 1/35 kits getting better and better....I hope Dragon relase totaly new soviet
IS-II and ISU-152 in 1/35 scale. Zvezda IS-2 and ISU-152 kits are better than Dragon ones, but they missing many details. BTW IS-II tank was the BEST tank in WWII
I hope DML will release the Grille (Sd. Kfz 138/1) in their up coming "Smart Kit" version
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2006, 12:46 AM
vBench

Well guys... I can't stay humble any longer This is one of the things that has been keeping me too busy to do any modelling....
I want to say that that's my painting you see there. I must say it's kinda cool to see something I have been contracted by Dragon to do, finally get published. The first painting I did a year or more ago of a Command version of the Panzer III, didn't really get on the box it was intended for, (it did get published as stamp sized repro in the catalogue), and I recently painted another one, as yet to see the light of day, and now this the third one is finally out there! I must say that the deadline was really compressed and if I had had more time I could have done a lot more but for the time I did get to spend on it I think it turned out alright. Unless one has had to work and produce something like this under the lash of a really strict deadline, one shouldn't be too critical of the perfect accuracy of these types of paintings....

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 AM
vBench

Congrats James!!!

I'd be pretty proud of myself if I was able to boast having a painting of mine adorn a few model boxes!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Aug 20 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey -Amba- where did you find that- at the Dragon site? (Nice Holiday pics BTW )
Hi James,

yepp, I got it from the Dragon website (MDFC). I wanted to write something like the box cover is not from Ron but it's pretty cool anyway

-Ambjoern
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Aug 21 2006, 12:46 AM
Panzerfaust wrote;

"I want to say that that's my painting you see there."
Wery realistic painting....You have talent in your hands :lol: But Swastica what belongs to the Africa-korps palm tree is missing (Well, we know why it is not there )

Cheers,

MarttyyriMallari-Ttt
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 AM
vBench

Well,
that is one sweet tank there but makes you wonder if you still should get for example Late Panther G or 234/1. It may be that DML will upgrade those within few months

Niko
Old 08-21-2006, 08:29 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
James,

Congrats on the commision dude Also, very nice work under what I'm sure is very tight deadline.

Looks great!

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top