Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:20 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by djiti@Jul 7 2006, 06:33 AM
look nice but not very original !
I think it's hard to be original when it comes to the Panther anymore...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by amba@Jul 7 2006, 05:57 AM
Yes, another flavour of the "smart" kit would be to include everything depicted on the boxart . So you could create exactly that scene...

-Ambjoern
That would be neat...though, the poses of most of those figures seem really familar to me, like they come from fig sets that Dragon already has...Does anyone else notice that, or am I the only one?

RC
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 06:36 PM

Well, they aren't a figure set yet...and judging by the comments here, I guess I wouldn't recommend them to Dragon. Ah but then what do I recommend? After some 160 plus figure sets (600 plus figures) there's bound to be repetition of a sort. Looks to me like I've expended my creative juices in this field and perhaps it's time for a career change.

In any event, thanks for all the support you've given me over the years. I long ago realized that one can't please everyone, but it has never been for the lack of effort. My apologies for not living up to expectations.

Cheers,
Ron V
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 06:54 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Well,

I can't say that I've seen these figs before, and was thinking that they would make a good set also. Especially if the poses came out as good as Ron has created them.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 08:01 PM
vBench

Hi Fella's.

Has the myth of yellow and green instead of brown and green become a fact now? If it's on an Osprey book and box art....it must be true.

I'm not bagging this kit, I'm just trying to put an argument forward that MAN LSW Panthers probably weren't yellow and green.

Here are examples of MAN LSW Panthers in final hard edge schemes....

These 2 shots appear yellow and green, but if you look at the white numbers as a colour rough guide you could safely say the back ground colour is too dark to be yellow. Also, the soldier is mosty in very dark shadow due to the nearly overhead sunlight. If you look at the top of his uniform, you can see how light it is compared to the rest of it. I think its this shot that people have used to pontificate the green/yellow myth.

Below is a photo from Chris Leeman's collection (published in Panzer Wrecks II) that shows what I believe is brown and green, again going by back ground colours.

This shot is the one form Ft Knox, it was thought that the brown colour is primer and the yellow has worn off it. But looking at the remnants of green visible. I'd say it has to be brown as the chance of all the evidence of yellow paint disappearing would be fairly remote.

Just Willy's thoughts.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
vBench

The box art is very nice. It brings out the beautiful lines of a Panther.

And RC, the figures seem familiar to me too.

One thing I would like Dragon to do is to add a commander figure to each tank they make. I like to put at least one figure beside my model as a size comparison.

BTW, does anyone know when will it be released?

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
vBench

The front two figures on the Left of the Tank look like they are from Dragons Survivors Tank Crew Kursk set .

http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/catalog/dml/6129.jpg

Its nice to see another Panther but i would diffinately prefer some thing more unusual .

An oldie but not so much a goody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4xwsZEpus
Morris Minor and the Majors `Stutter Rap `
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Brokeneagle

Looks like a great kit but I agree with Plushy....... I would have rathered something else, maybe something that had not been done as yet.

Willy,
great photo's and info but I just don't think you can be so absolute on colors with B+W photo's. Also different colors can look the same in B+W just because they have the same tonal value. Sorry, not trying to be picky or negative, but it's a guessing game in B+W.

BROKENEAGLE.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM
vBench

The figures look a bit like the Dragon "last Battle" (Austria 1945) Gen2 figure set
just my 2 cts
Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 AM
vBench

Yeah, I have to really agree with Siim...a tank commander in each kit would be nice...it was really cool in the Tiger I late production...of course not different for every tank (though that one time run of Heinz Guderian for the pz IV E is somewhat odd. Seems like they could do something like that with every kit if Heinz Guderian is a one time deal lol)? Maybe something to add to the box for a series? Dragon seems to release that kind of stuff around the same time...all those Pz IVs and now two Panthers, with perhaps more to come...or at least make some nice new panzer (oriented) crew figures seperately when a new line of kits is released? Just a thought...

Mr Volstad, the box art is great, it's just that it's a Panther...it's cool, but it's a Panther, (you know what I mean?)...there are many Panthers out there already...Most everyone likes them (especially around here since this site can also be called Panther Planet lol)...compared to most (emphasis on most) previously made box tops, it's better than most, but it's just a Panther :-/

And the figs just seem familar...that's all...that's not a bad thing...

And Willy, those kids are lucky bas*ards!!!! I don't care what German AFV it is...to simply crawl around all over it like it's nothing...I'd be heaven

RC
Reply With Quote top